GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks.
I'll be making little usability tweaks here and there in the coming days...weeks...as time allows.

Ethan, top notch. Great work!

I'm just thinking, and I don't even think this forum infrastructure even has something like this...
But wouldn't it be cool, instead of likes, or maybe in conjunction with  the like system, have a "pin" system that users can tag certain posts, and they can have their own "virtual binder" of all the posts that they pin. And then posts with the most pins will rise to the top, or show up in searches higher or how ever it works.

I just think that way, important information that users want to either remember or come back to will be more likely to be pinned instead of something that the user thinks is funny or "likes"

Feasible?

You already have that feature by setting topics to "notify".  You can then see all the topics you have set to notify (pinned) by going to Modify Profile -> Notifications.
Voila, a list of all your pinned topics will be displayed.

sr1200 said:
IO, you missed two posts in this thread...  last two... you're slacking!

yeah, uuhm, sry i was chatting on the phone while reading this thread and foolishly clicking around.
The word like confuses me, like, no one like me likes me, sort of.

Sry my brain is spinning from all the winding.

I was thinking about a sticky thread with recommended use of the like button.

I propose something like this:
We recommend to use the like-button to say: "Thank you! I find this information useful"

This will make the threads highly sortable regarding useful info.

Back