• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Atc amp packs for atc scm50/100 clone build . Or clone pcb of the amp packs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone ! I’m looking for some atc amp packs to build a clone of either their scm50a or 100 . I was hoping if no one has an original , maybe someone has made a clone of the pcb ? I would be okay with that as well. Thank you for any and all help .

Best,

Ethan

Hello everyone ! I’m looking for some atc amp packs to build a clone of either their scm50a or 100 . I was hoping if no one has an original , maybe someone has made a clone of the pcb ? I would be okay with that as well. Thank you for any and all help .

Best,

Ethan

FYI, the ATC sound is mostly in their drivers, which are made in-house. Do you have access to a set of drivers? If not, I would start there - otherwise whatever you build won’t sound much like an ATC.

If you don't have the original speakers, you are not building a clone...your just building a box with the same dimension 🫡

FYI, the ATC sound is mostly in their drivers, which are made in-house. Do you have access to a set of drivers? If not, I would start there - otherwise whatever you build won’t sound much like an ATC.
Hey Dylan , thanks for your reply! I just bought 2 scm75-150’s and the guy has some scan speak D2608/9

Hey Dylan , thanks for your reply! I just bought 2 scm75-150’s and the guy has some scan speak D2608/9
13000 he would interested in selling as well. I think these used to come in the wilmslow kits for the tweeter . I know atc has used a few different tweeters over the years starting with vita, seas excel , and then their own. I still need to do research on the bass driver , do you know if they used their own bass drivers early on or other manufacturers?

I also have read that the midrange driver is the most important one to have , the rest as long as they match up well with it should work, what is your opinion on this ?

Also in your opinion if the mid drivers are there , would it matter very much if they were passive and ran with an amp vs active ? If so what amp would you suggest for them ?

Also the guy I bought the mid drivers from suggested the hypex fusion fa523, that are active electronics for Monitors with dsp crossovers . Do you think these would work ? Or is it better to get a class AB style amp pack like they used ? Or again just run them passive with an amp?

Thanks for any and all help.

Best,

Ethan

If you don't have the original speakers, you are not building a clone...your just building a box with the same dimension 🫡
Hey my friend , I do have the non S atc mid drivers, see my above post about what I have . Also I like your user name, I should have names myself iampoor2 after all these projects I am always buying stuff for plus life in general !😂

The big ATCs use an active crossover and are triamped. Supposedly they’re phase-corrected as well as amplitude-corrected - you’d have to either find them used or put in some serious design work to get the same result.

There are also passive ATCs (at least the 50s and 100s) that use a traditional passive crossover. There is some info about it here: original crossover schematics for clone ATC SCM 100

If you go that route, I would think any good power amp would be fine. The active ATCs use a mosfet amp, I think they’re AB but biased pretty hot so they stay in class A for much of their range. I have a modded Adcom 545 that sounds outstanding, you could try a pair of those bridged. If you want a mosfet amp, you could build a diy Aleph-X, which I’m sure would sound outstanding. Or just go with a Hypex.

It looks like Wilmslow is using the Volt woofers in their ATC-like kits. I know Volt makes a mid-dome that is supposed to be the closest thing to the SCM75-150 on the market.

https://wilmslowaudio.co.uk/recording-studio-monitors/sm212-main-monitor

Last edited:
I work on ATC-110 ASL daily and have tuned many ATC amp packs in situ on 25,50, 100s, 110 etc - it's the same pack. The do indeed use all pass filters for phase correction between drivers and it is quite effective.They are an unbelievable pain in the ass to adjust and calibrate.

If the goal is great monitoring or to make music or to save money I would strongly advise against this DIY speaker route. If the goal is to have fun and learn then have at it.

ATCs mid dome is great, as is PMCs. I've never heard the Volt dome. My next speaker project will be based around the Bliesma Silk mid dome, worth looking at. Look at the new Mum audio speakers for inspiration. Depending on where you are based they are awfully competitive price wise with DIY and won't be for long.

I work on ATC-110 ASL daily and have tuned many ATC amp packs in situ on 25,50, 100s, 110 etc - it's the same pack. The do indeed use all pass filters for phase correction between drivers and it is quite effective.They are an unbelievable pain in the ass to adjust and calibrate.

If the goal is great monitoring or to make music or to save money I would strongly advise against this DIY speaker route. If the goal is to have fun and learn then have at it.

ATCs mid dome is great, as is PMCs. I've never heard the Volt dome. My next speaker project will be based around the Bliesma Silk mid dome, worth looking at. Look at the new Mum audio speakers for inspiration. Depending on where you are based they are awfully competitive price wise with DIY and won't be for long.

The Mum Audio speakers look awfully intriguing - have you heard them?

The Mum Audio speakers look awfully intriguing - have you heard them?

I have not but it's a very solid looking package for the money. Excellent driver complement, decent amps and DSP (hypex reliability issues aside) and solid simple design principles.

Something like a Neumann 310 too makes DIY much less appealing. It's extremely unlikely you can make something better sounding for less. Again, unless the goal is purely fun/learning.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back