Live Verb

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fum

Hey there,

I'm wondering if anyone has some experience they can share for reverbs.

I've a 224xl in the studio that I love, but am working on a live rig, so am looking for something a little more portable.

This is mainly for vocal application, am wondering about the other Lex verbs, PCM-70m 80, 90, other?

Opinions/thoughts?

ju

Fum,

Those pieces are all "touring standard" you are naming. I do some live work but I'm more on the level of the TC M-One and the D-Two. You are several steps above. :grin:

HTH!
Charlie

IMHO it all depends on the type of music you are working with and what you are trying to achieve ....
The quality of the rig you are using is important , otherwise you will not notice much difference between a medium budget unit and a top level one ...

For instance with the type of music I'm working now I rather use my old Roland R880 units ( I have two of those) as main reverbs for vocal and drums ....
For acoustic guitars and some keyboards I go for a combination of Sony R7 (reverb), M7 (modulation) and D7 (delay) ....
And for some drastic effects on vocals and brass I will use Roland SDE3000 delays (two) and a Roland SDX330 for modulation ...

This set makes sense to me because as the units are mine I can afford to have specific presets for each song and I don't loose time on setup ...
I'm also lucky to work with very good sound systems so the effects nuances can be heard ...

On the other hand when I get hired for a oneoff any combination of TC units (M3K , M2K , M-One and D-Two) will make me very happy ....
I'm not very fond of Yamaha units although there is nothing I can say against them technically , I just don't like their "sound" ....

Anyway what I mostly look for is ways to sound different from the next guy mixing just like in a studio environment ....
Pieces of equipment are just tools to an end so in a broad sense anything goes as long it fits the music ....

Hope this helps in any way .....

:guinness:

Luis

I end up using more convolution verbs now, they sound a lot better to me.
Waves have a new convolution called IR. I end up using some TC for clean stuff also. BUT my main verbs are always some real room with a small P.A system and a couple of good mics and micpres.

If I was rich, I´d buy that Sony-something convolution verb rack unit...

cheers!
Fabio

[quote author="Bauman"]I end up using more convolution verbs now, they sound a lot better to me.
Waves have a new convolution called IR. I end up using some TC for clean stuff also. BUT my main verbs are always some real room with a small P.A system and a couple of good mics and micpres.
[/quote]
I like to measure room IR, I have MLS and log sweep programs
:)
(own coded...)
xvlk

[quote author="audiocraft"]

On the other hand when I get hired for a oneoff any combination of TC units (M3K , M2K , M-One and D-Two) will make me very happy ....
[/quote]

I second that.
The TC stuff is pretty big bang for the buck and is very programmable for lotsa variety. :grin:
caine

Latest posts

Back