LME49720 & 49720 improvement

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmathom

Hi Gentlemen

I need your knowledge & advice please

I recently opened my DAC (ES9018 + Xmos) and noticed LM49710 & 49720 at output. I must say that I don't have the DAC schematic.
My questions are :

- are they "good OPAs" ? where would you classify them in a "good sounding" scale ?

- if they can (must ?) be replaced which ref. do you advise to possibly improve the sound ?

Thanks for your answers !
Best Regards

Last edited:
Thank you @ccaudle !
Happy to notice that some chineese manufacturers work for quality.
I use this DAC since 2010 (my first and only) and the sound is really good. Even the board is well built...

Attachments

• IMG_20241008_182508.jpg
    IMG_20241008_182508.jpg
    2.4 MB
Thank you @ccaudle !
Happy to notice that some chineese manufacturers work for quality.
I use this DAC since 2010 (my first and only) and the sound is really good. Even the board is well built...
Nichicon Muse (the green ones) are my favourite electrolytics in the signal path. The violet ones at the bottom look like Os-Cons - good choice for digital decoupling. It looks a little bit like they are using 0.1uf film caps and low ESR caps for audio PSU line decoupling, that I am not a fan of. The big square WIMAs could be for S/H duties, where polypropylene is a good choice.

If they made LME497XX work as they should I wouldn't change a thing.

Nichicon Muse (the green ones) are my favourite electrolytics in the signal path. The violet ones at the bottom look like Os-Cons - good choice for digital decoupling. It looks a little bit like they are using 0.1uf film caps and low ESR caps for audio PSU line decoupling, that I am not a fan of. The big square WIMAs could be for S/H duties, where polypropylene is a good choice.

If they made LME497XX work as they should I wouldn't change a thing.
The 10nF (red cubes) must be FKP2 which are my best cap espescially close to OPA for last PSU filtering.
What means S/H duties ?

Latest posts

Back