Longshot, but Studio desk builder needed in San Antonio/central texas

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllMixedUp

As the title says, I’m looking for someone with an extensive, quality woodworking/furniture building background to build a studio desk for me. I haven’t found anything that quite fits my current needs or speaks to me. I’ve got a decent budget.

Must be in the central Texas/San Antonio area.

If this sounds like something you’re interested in please feel free to message me or respond here with links to your work.

Thanks!

Not an answer to the request, but I had used this company in canada to make racks for my studio a few years back, and have some "different" designs. They're not really easy to find on the web and almost missed them, but the quality of the racks were amazing and I would assume the desks they build are of equal quality. I believe they do custom jobs as well, or at least they did at the time i asked, since the racks I wanted weren't listed on the site (needed a 3 bay 20u ea) and a matching single 20u.

http://mgeardesign.ca/workstations.php

I would perhaps search out a local custom cabinetry/furniture business. If you can draw the plans up in something that they can use to get an idea or measurements from (Like SketchUp for instance), they can probably give you a decent estimate.

That said...Everybody in my part of the woods wanted nearly as much as the Sterling Modular desk I actually wanted. I bit the bullet and bought the Sterling Modular. It sucked to spend the money...But I'm happy with the desk. I got exactly what I wanted.

If you're willing to do some assembly, you could draw your parts up in SketchUp or whatever CAD software you can find, and export that to something a shop with a CNC could use to cut out the pieces for you. Send them the part drawings, they run it through the CNC, you pick up a box of parts. and take it home to put it together.

Thanks for the info everybody. I found a local furniture builder and had a custom desk built with a steel base and walnut top and racks. Turned out beautiful. I appreciate everyone taking the time to answer.

Still working on getting the room setup, the rest of the equipment built, and deciding of final layout but here it is.

Complete with cable management tray.
The desk looks nice!! Walnut is a really nice wood to look at. Very rich! The cable tray is a nice touch too.

Get setup and make some music!

Latest posts

Back