Looking for a ELectrovoice RE20/RE27 standclip?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volition

First, I am in Australia. I bought a broken electrovoice RE20, it had deteriorated foam. And when i opened it someone had disconnected the xlr wires from the terminal block. Luckily, the phase plug looks still solid and the diaphragm seems healthy. I am waiting on the foam to come from sweden before i plug it up and test it. But everything looks as it should so i think i've revived a RE20.

However, what i would like is a stand clip and i am wondering if anyone has any laying around perhaps they would be willing to sell. It's all out of stock in Australia and due to distribution rights I can't buy from overseas. Obviously i am happy to buy it and the postage etc if anyone can help.

I'm looking at options for a shock mount. The Electrovoice 309a, HEIL PR Shock Mount & Auray SSM BC10 but i also want to get a stand clip. which will be handy for particular situations as the shock mounts are particularly large. I was hoping someone has or knows of someone who had a broken RE20, RE27, etc, any of that series

Tomorrow, I'll ask a friend who manages a radio station conglomerate if they have one they'd be willing to part with. About 3 years ago, I asked if they had any old baby rattle RE20s lying around, and he said they'd just sent several out for re-foam. So, they obviously have plenty of 320 stand adapters they don't use (unless they were thrown away at some point in time), especially since all their mics are mounted in 309As anyway.

Thanks for doing that. It's exactly a source like that I can see a opportunity. I put together a list of audio engineering schools near where I am and am ringing them up this week. Seeing if they have any lying around similarly. I suspect though it'll be hard to speak to the person who can actually help me. I'm in a country town and will try the local radio station too, it's close enough I can go there directly. I feel I'll need to be persistent but when I find something it'll be plentiful due to the baby rattle problem.

Latest posts

Back