looking for "Recessed Toggle Switch - know any sources?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting for a reply from NKK and C&K switches.
These support/Bezels could have been one by one company or the other, or by both. Hope they can check in their old catalogs

This is the best I could come up with trying some stuff from my drawers;
switch.jpg
100% this will not flip by accident..

I kinda like this;
knob.jpg

A bit like the knobs you see on Ross pedals, mount the Neutrik socket from the back only showing the rim could actually be nice.
Yes you will have to drill a small hole to tighten your setscrew.

It might be nice to recess mains and standby on a tube amp ,
but that arrangement would be a little bulky for signal switching ,

Still a nice idea to re-use an XLR housing which is something every audio person must have lying around .

Going to the trouble of having something custom produced might be possible ,but costly ,
a simple off the shelf part repurposed very much like what Permo did would be preferable ,

Old Yamaha mixers mount mini toggles on a sub plate in the channel modules , so only the top of the toggle lever comes through a slot in the front panel , its impossible to accidentally knock against .
I much prefer it to the usual push button controls found on most mixers ,

Only the best will do for our Whoopsy boy :D
you seem to have the part in front of you ,
is it not just a matter of measuring the thing up, producing a cad drawing and forwarding that to Shenzen ,

A manufacturer of guitar hardware seems like a good place to start for a quote as they have all the nessesary tooling .

Looking closely at the pictures I think these Nagra items are made of stainless steel , bead blasted finish ,

We have a member here with CNC metalworking skills and equipment ,
https://groupdiy.com/threads/thinki...nufacturing-service.86050/page-2#post-1131935
Have a chat with Anthon , maybe we can kickstart a buy-in ,

Only the best will do for our Whoopsy boy :D
you seem to have the part in front of you ,

Not the best my friend,
I made this thread because I'm looking for a specific part and I explained and showed quite well what is the part I'm looking for and my intentions. If anyone has info, or a possible source for that part it's great, that's huge help, if not it's fine.

Unfortunately I don't have the part in front of me mate, and I still didn't get one, but I was sent photos and probably I will get at least one unit in the near future. If I have the part, a CAD drawing can be made and CNC can be a possibility for sure.

But I'm also maybe finding some possible sources (stock) of the part, waiting for some replies and contacts. Didn't had much time in the last 2 months, I'm full of work, and I'm not in a hurry.
Will continue searching and contacting people along the way in my spare time.

Thank you friend

Like I said earlier, I can manufacture these. We just need to reverse-engineer them, decide on the measurements. The CAD part is not a problem, plenty of skilled CAD people around.
Cheers, V

I though you might have loosen interest as you never replied to me last PM.
Well we talk about this, I will see if I can get at least 1 unit so we have all the correct measurmens

Thank you mate

Done...
I was focus on an -important- thing I had to deal with the guy and the reason to be there, but I had time escape the main topic, ask to open a nagra, extract the part and measure all dimensions I can think of...

Now back home and need to find more time to put everything on a nice DXF technical drawing, or directly draw a 3D step...

With the part in hand it look like raw aluminium, maybe polished, or just so nicely machined, don't feel like it was anodized ?!?

I'm used to some Helvetic workmanship with all my Studer equipment at the studio, but damn, a Nagra inside is just stunning !!!

Cheers
Zam

Done...
I was focus on an -important- thing I had to deal with the guy and the reason to be there, but I had time escape the main topic, ask to open a nagra, extract the part and measure all dimensions I can think of...

Now back home and need to find more time to put everything on a nice DXF technical drawing, or directly draw a 3D step...

With the part in hand it look like raw aluminium, maybe polished, or just so nicely machined, don't feel like it was anodized ?!?

I'm used to some Helvetic workmanship with all my Studer equipment at the studio, but damn, a Nagra inside is just stunning !!!

Cheers
Zam

WOW mate, that's amazing.
Thank you so much for taking your time to do that and for the work you had to go through to take the measurements.

Thank you once again

Back