Looking for some sort of insulating film.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Flinn

I'm just racking 8 modules up which have an exposed pcb bottom next to an aluminium panel on the next module. they don't touch but are perilously close. I'm looking for some sort of insulating film to keep them apart (preferably available in the UK).

I had thought about the paper/card sheet that is fitted in old Neve modules. Or sheets of Kapton tape, but that starts getting quite expensive

Any suggestions ?

Adhesive backed polycarbonate film might be a possible alternative . Fish paper is available off ebay.co.uk

There is a clear adhesive film used to protect auto headlights from rocks that may suit your needs. You can find it at auto supply stores. That may be the same polycarbonate film that Tubetec mentioned above.

Electrical tape would be a cheap low tech solution.

Transformer manufacturers will often supply a white film to put under the transformer to prevent things shorting out. Maybe could find out what that is?

what about some album cardboard from your least favorite LP's or maybe a trip to the used record store?

there is a shop in town that puts a box of junk LP's outside their front door every night, toss the album and use the cardboard, thick enuff so the sharp points will not punch through,

30mil Nomex 410 woulld be the best but mucho $$$. good to 30 KV in that thickness, fireproof, and resistant to sharp edges,

poly insulation for transformer winding would also be good,

Latest posts

Back