Lost sound sorrows

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rybow

Driving home from work, and one of the first songs I wrote, recorded and “mixed” came up on the playlist. This would have been almost 20 uearsThe mix has tons of issues, and is kind of a mess. It did have energy, movement and huge guitars. Got me thinking of the following pieces i used to record it but no longer own:

Mesa Boogie Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo- my gigging amp. A heavy beast and loud as hell.
Epiphone Flying V- downtuned with a Duncan Distortion in the bridge
Apogee Duet (maybe Ensemble)- could have been either. Got the Ensemble after my Duet was stolen. I would have used the Apogee pre amps for everything in this track

I currently have a Blackstar S1-45 combo bought from a pawn shop for $600. Nice amp, but it’s no Mesa. My Ensemble gave up the ghost a few years ago. Bought a Scarlett 2i4 because I had no money. Haven’t liked anything I’ve made since.
I DO have another Epiphone Flying V (negative series). Just need to get me an SH6

I find I’m also running low on passion, zeal and free time! Where did all my time go?

It’s not all doom and gloom though. I now have goals, and I’m a way better singer now then I was then. Might be time to dust this one off for a little revitalization

I spent time a couple of weeks ago with Danial lanois. A bit of wisdom I learned was serve the music. Gear comes and goes but the main thing is serve the music, it’s what drives us.
Well said.

A good nights sleep and some introspection made me realize it was the memories more than the gear. I do miss that amp, but the money I got for it helped finance my move to New Zealand! 2 very cool years of my life

Back