Help with TS472 AliExpress PCB connections

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qmavam

First an over view, I 'm building a high gain low noise preamp/amp for use with a parabolic reflector. I have a stereo preamp and amplifier. But I don't know if I should just go single channel or if I go stereo how do I connect the mic. I'm thinking single channel is fine. I'm thinking I'll connect my headphone L/R in series which matches my amp best. Opinions?
I bought this PCB with a TS472 IC. 1.71US $ 5% OFF|TS472 Amplifier Module Low Noise Electret Microphone Audio Preamplifier Board With 2.0 V Bias Output PDA audio development board|Integrated Circuits| - AliExpress
It came with zero notes!!!
Looking at the underside, 4th picture, you see Vbias and Vx Pads. I'm connecting a single AOM5024 Electret mic. I'll use the built in 2.V bias,
until I know better. What I don't know, Do I Short both Vbias and Vx, or just Vbias? I don't know what Vx does?
The gain pads are pretty clear. As is the Standby/Enable connection, so I understand those.
There is a pcb from STmicroelectronics, here is the data brief for that pcb, it might help with info, but my pcb is not the same.
OK, I just figured out Vx is for use with external mic bias, but I still don't know how to use it.
Thank you for your time looking at this, Qmavam

Look at the datasheet.

My guess would be that you don't need to jump either one if you're using it in the stock configuation. Just connect your electret to IN+ and IN- and then use a bit of USB cable to provide 5V, GND, OUT+ and OUT- with the right connector for your headphone amp or whatever it is you're plugging it into.

OK, I took the time to make a schematic of the TS472 PCB from Aliexpress.
I think the PCB is not well done. If you want external mic bias, the 2kΩ resistors on the PCB are still in the circuit. Maybe someone can make sense of that.
Qmavam

Attachments

• TS472 PCB Schematic.jpg
    TS472 PCB Schematic.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I'll add a couple of mic connections.

Attachments

• TS472 Manufacturer Suggested Mic connections.jpg
    TS472 Manufacturer Suggested Mic connections.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 7
Back