M Audio nova circuit info

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucbl14

Hello my name is Lucas and I'm new to the forum. My Nova microfone lost it's solder and became loose. I sent to the repairs but they aren't sure which cable should be connected where (since doing a wrong connection could potentially fry it when I turn the phantom power on)
Does anyone here can share a schematic of the XLR output and where which cable should be wired?
Thanks in advance

BTW I still have no idea about the ratio of the ofiginal transformer. It measures something close to 5:1 in resistance (not inductance), but with a KM84 circuit or without the pnp section it sound really bad

Attached is a quick photo of the XLR wiring on mine. This is a through-hole version, with 2 circuit boards. (Looks like there's also a surface-mount version with just one PCB and fewer wires).

Pin 1 black / ground. Pin 2 yellow & white. Pin 3 red & green.

Transformer ratio is about 3.8:1 IIRC, most other versions of this circuit (e.g. MXL 2001) are 1.8:1.

Attachments

• IMG_20231121_215911984_HDR 1.jpg
    IMG_20231121_215911984_HDR 1.jpg
    812 KB · Views: 0
Attached is a quick photo of the XLR wiring on mine. This is a through-hole version, with 2 circuit boards. (Looks like there's also a surface-mount version with just one PCB and fewer wires).

Pin 1 black / ground. Pin 2 yellow & white. Pin 3 red & green.

Transformer ratio is about 3.8:1 IIRC, most other versions of this circuit (e.g. MXL 2001) are 1.8:1.
great info (y)
but with a KM84 circuit or without the pnp section it sound really bad
Bummer, I still have one lying around and wanted to try it with a KM84 circuit. What do I do with it now?

That could be an exciting project. It would be my first...or maybe I'll try the transformer in a cathode follower circuit?
Maybe still too low for the standard ecc81 cathode followers, but the nuvistor tube C12a used a similar low ratio transformer right?

Latest posts

Back