Phaedrus Audio: Spirit Tube U47 Circuit // Need help, please!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Moby,
thank you for your good expanation and suggestion!
I will write to FAB about this. If it is an easy hack I iwll try to modify my V8 transformer. If not I will have to live with the decoupling resistors.
Thank you and all the best!
Simon
You welcome. It must be an easy task because as I can see the coils are connected internally and hopefully secondary winding is the top.one. (at least, geniune one has sec. as a top winding). If that's the situation you should just remove the top insulation and there is the CT. Cheers!

I built many pc with this Phaedrus tube and I remember the schematics values are not really correct,some recalculations were needed. But the mics sounded good without the 2.2k phantom resistors or DC-DC converter.
Hi TLRT,
I just re-read the thread and saw that I misunderstood your post. You wrote that you did neither use the phantom resistors nor the DC-DC converter. Does this mean you used a center-tapped transformer? or did you do any other changes to the circuit to get the phantom power to the tube?
Thanks and best regards!
Simon

Hi TLRT,
I just re-read the thread and saw that I misunderstood your post. You wrote that you did neither use the phantom resistors nor the DC-DC converter. Does this mean you used a center-tapped transformer? or did you do any other changes to the circuit to get the phantom power to the tube?
Thanks and best regards!
Simon
Yes I did not use phantom resistors or DC-DC converter. I used Moby BV8 and recalculated most of the resistors. The mics had high gain,low noise, overal a bit bright sound even with the better M7 capsules. Here is one example:

I used Moby BV8 and recalculated most of the resistors. The mics had high gain,low noise, overal a bit bright sound even with the better M7 capsules. Here is one example:
Yes, this works because your transformer has a center tap. The Fab V8 from the TO does not have that, he needs the resistors.

Nice video, great music!

Yes, this works because your transformer has a center tap. The Fab V8 from the TO does not have that, he needs the resistors.

Nice video, great music!
I have to check my notes but I remember with the stock schematics values the "anode" and polarization voltages are too low, so the mic output was low too. It is easy to check with scope and electrometer.

Latest posts

Back