M49 Bodies?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneRoomStudio

GDIY Supporter
What's available these days in 2023? It seems like Aputis and tskguy's bodies are long gone. Chunger is sold out. I guess I could order from Mic&Mod...but there has to be something available here in the States, right? Alternatively, anyone have one they want to let go of?
Edit - my preference would be for a body that can house the "round" pcb version.

What's available these days in 2023? It seems like Aputis and tskguy's bodies are long gone. Chunger is sold out. I guess I could order from Mic&Mod...but there has to be something available here in the States, right? Alternatively, anyone have one they want to let go of?
Edit - my preference would be for a body that can house the "round" pcb version.
AMI may have something in stock, not sure.

AMI will have the basic kits back in stock "in a few weeks."
I'm sure AMI are great parts, but the price for a pair exceeds my original budget. I'm kicking myself for not ordering the Chunger bodies before that went seemingly extinct.

Just email the right person in China, and that’s probably be the exact same than mic & mod for a fraction of the cost ;)
It is, but that one only fits 55mm pcb's. Dany's pcb's are 60mm wide. Very tricky to figure out how to fit them into the chassis. I couldn't so far so I just used M&M pcb's... Still have this set of Dany's pcb's I need a home for. Can't seem to find anything that will work... I want it to look like an m49 not just some random mic body.

Just email the right person in China, and that’s probably be the exact same than mic & mod for a fraction of the cost ;)
That e-mail is :

[email protected]

She is still in business (on her own now) good prices & has lots of models of bodies. ;)

@EarthTone I don't have Dany's PCB at 60mm ø, so my question is:
How hard is it to remove 5mm (2.5mm on each side, so to speak/circle) w a Dremel?
Is it something I could easily do, you think?

M

Attachments

• M49-body 1.jpg
    M49-body 1.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 4
  • M49-body-2.png
    M49-body-2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
AMI will have the basic kits back in stock "in a few weeks."
I'm sure AMI are great parts, but the price for a pair exceeds my original budget. I'm kicking myself for not ordering the Chunger bodies before that went seemingly extinct.
AMI has not updated their website, they are a bit pricier but I just got my 49 body from them and i ordered it two weeks ago. I'd assume they have more, make sure you grab a shock mount that fits as the chinese supplier mentioned earlier doesnt have the proper binder style shock mount.

I'm sure AMI are great parts, but the price for a pair exceeds my original budget.
That is allways my main concern.
How not to break the piggy bank.
So I can afford good quality valves/tubes & components for at least a pair.

M

I have an m49 body in the works with compatibility for multiple types of boards at once, but it's going to cost a fortune to get them made. i might do the initial batch as a group buy or take preorders. I also have my own syt-5 that's already done that should be rolling out shortly after the capsule relaunch

Last edited:
Sounds promising!
Are they like the original and consist of only two parts? Or more which have to screw together?

It would be great to have a cheap M49 corpse. I have modified an M49 corpse myself, but the cost is very high. The shell alone costs more than 100 US dollars.

Attachments

• 52_.jpg
    52_.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 5
AMI has not updated their website, they are a bit pricier but I just got my 49 body from them and i ordered it two weeks ago. I'd assume they have more, make sure you grab a shock mount that fits as the chinese supplier mentioned earlier doesnt have the proper binder style shock mount.
I heard back from them as well, and you're right - new bodies are only a few weeks out. I think this is one of the best bets right now....especially because their shockmounts and PSUs are a bit nicer than the alternatives.

I have an m49 body in the works with compatibility for multiple types of boards at once, but it's going to cost a fortune to get them made. i might do the initial batch as a group buy or take preorders. I also have my own syt-5 that's already done that should be rolling out shortly after the capsule relaunch
I want both. I will wait patiently!

Who is making M-49 bodies at reasonable cost that are dimensionally exact to the original or close within a few mm? Especially the diameter and headbasket.

Who is making M-49 bodies at reasonable cost that are dimensionally exact to the original or close within a few mm? Especially the diameter and headbasket.
i think the only options right now; you can email jenny directly (someone commented her stuff earlier) but they aren't directly the same as ami or flea. AMI/tab or FLEA makes two of the best bodies that are in stock right now. or at least shipping within reasonable time.
Im interested in seeing both bodies as well! I bought a crap load of tubes for the 49 and I want to make a 269 as well as another 49.

I was going to come out with the bodies at the same time as the new capsules, but having to redo the flat k47 batch at our new place took the money i was saving for it. the new syt-5 has some minor changes to the gen3 for ease of use, but is otherwise the same. I will sell the changed parts separately for people who already have the existing ones

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back