M49 / M50 Bodies - All British Made - Vintage

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Everyone,

update:

Have nickel plated all end caps, just need to finish nickel plating mesh/bodies which will hopefully be done today, then the final polish and i will ship of the already purchased ones.
Will update with photos later.
thanks for all being so patient.

regards

Spence.

Quick question Spencer, the mesh in the original looks to have a "flat spot" in the shape of a "V" on each side...I can't see it in your photos. Does your mesh have the flat spot?

Thanks,

Mike

Right no car for the wife but some pictures for you guys.
Hopefully you can see from these angles it has a flat section on each face.
This was a freshly nickel plated one which hasnt been polished yet, im really happy with the plating now, think ive cracked it!!!
Just need to remember guys these are all vintage look, so you getting a microphone body that is going to look like its from the vintage era.

Attachments

• side view M49.jpg
    side view M49.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 81
Hi Everyone,

Hopefully all being well there should be 10 or so bodies available next week if anyones interested, having professional pictures done so will post as soon as i have them done.
there will be a couple going for cheaper as they have a little more character than i anticipated!!!

regards

Spence.

HI Winetree,

thats a great picture, will see how close i can get to that as the mould i have was designed to not be exactly the same to avoid any legal disputes etc.
I can adapt it and have another way to shape, so thank you.

regards

Spence.

Hi everyone,

ok i now have a total of 18 M49 bodies in various different stages, 2 which are the first prototypes which are bronze and need nickel plating, 4 which have been nickel plated and need polishing and 12 which need to be braised and then nickel plated and polished.
Hopefully over the next few days these will all be at the polishing stage and ready for photos.
Probably seems like i'm going so slow i'm going backwards but it is only me making all these and i do have other work/jobs which i have to do.

regards

Spence.

Latest posts

Back