Aputis M49 body kit

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No hole for trimmer, as this may effect acoustics.  You must take-off plastic enclosure and make adjustments. Wires for capsule must be long enough though.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Would it be possible to use a side-adjust trimmer instead like this:
PT01.JPG

...and then make a side access hole if needed.

That should be in the 'acoustc shadow' -assuming that the  hole is accessible above the 'rim' of the body...

I don't know -- that trimmer is fairly buried between a lot of other components. Probably would need a PCB redesign in that case. I could never reach my trimmer from the side because all the components around it would block it.

Isn't there a way to rethink the whole superb long wires to the capsule bit? Doesn't the original have a removable top plastic piece? That would be some kind of snap in for the contacts.

Andrew, your work is nothing short of spectacular! ;) Hope you get many many sales and have a niche business ongoingly. You deserve it!

Andrew,

I simply like your attention to detail...
Only one thing - please note that in the original the inner mesh is rotated 45° - this gives the whole assembly more stability and changes the behavior on the inner reflections a bit.

Please put me on the list for two bodies + yoke mount.

Chris

chefducuisine said:
Andrew,

I simply like your attention to detail...
Only one thing - please note that in the original the inner mesh is rotated 45° - this gives the whole assembly more stability and changes the behavior on the inner reflections a bit.

Please put me on the list for two bodies + yoke mount.

Chris

Hi Chris,

The inner mesh is 45 degrees. The same as in U47. Maybe you get an illusion from a picture that it is horizontal to outter mesh. :)

P.S. Please place your orders only using my email - [email protected]

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi all,

Just received custom made brass T profiles for headbasket. The same as FLEA uses. They look nice. Will try to bend it into desired shape when the bending jig is ready. Will post results on weekend.

imgoT-th.jpg

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi all,

Today's very first attempt to make the whole mic body using silver brazing and soldering technique. Not happy with the result though, but figured out where was the problem, so do not worry. Will bead blast tomorrow.

IMG_0006-th.jpg

Kind regards,
Andrew

I like a guy that is willing to be not happy with the results yet stay positive about the project. Nice work!

Back