machining part request

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ioaudio

how do you call this part? where can i find it? i would need something like this with a diameter of 24mm. any help appreciated!

ring.jpg

What about a hose clamp with a standoff ? (ne Schlauchschelle ausm Baumarkt mit Abstandshalter, Loch gebohrt und am Rand der Schlauchschelle festgemacht)
For what do you need it? handcuff-diy project? :green:

I've seen some old magnifying glasses that were put together a similar way. But not for a long time. Maybe that can lead you down the right path.

Matt

[quote author="fucanay"]I've seen some old magnifying glasses that were put together a similar way. [/quote]

thats exactly what you see :shock: there was a magnifying glass inside!
but i need a diameter of 24mm...

nrg, i was already looking for schlauchschellen but i couldnt find a beautiful one...

i need that for the mount of the m70cpasule on my upcoming side adress tube mic(s):

concept.jpg

What about one of those electrolytic cap clamps?

http://www.surplussales.com/Capacitors/capclmp.html

probably could DIY it with a butane torch and a thin strip of aluminum or steel around a small piece of tube or pipe. then just flare out the ends.

found some time to finish the mics...
the m70 capsules need lots of polarisation voltage to compensate for less sensitivity compared to other capsules. it seemed to run fine on 130v, though i am not sure if they can stand a close up snare without the diaphragm beeing sucked to the backplate with such high voltage.
i also want to use the beyerdynamic mk703 and akg capsules with the mic bodies, so i plan to make the polarisation switchable (60&120v)
circuit is pretty standard: ef86 hooked up as triode g2&g4 to plate, 180volt B+ to 120k plate resistor, 1,6k cathode resistor bypassed with 330µF. 1:10 beyerdynamic output trafo.
normal_sdc_stereo.jpg

http://groupdiy.twin-x.com/albums/userpics/10055/sdc_stereo.jpg

Back