Maintenance of SONY C38B

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have several of the same mic capsules as replacement parts.

Hi, it's a long time since your post, but I happen to have a non-working Sony C38 with a damaged capsule. I sent it to Peter Drehfal but he told me that the diaphragm was stuck (he replaced it quickly for testing ) it had many electrical faults, probably due to water having entered the microphone at some point. He said repairing it would not be economical. I have kept it since then, as it seemed a pity to just throw it in the bin. Is there any chance you could look at it with your experience of working on these mics? I could send it from Europe.

Many thanks,

Santiago

Hi, it's a long time since your post, but I happen to have a non-working Sony C38 with a damaged capsule. I sent it to Peter Drehfal but he told me that the diaphragm was stuck (he replaced it quickly for testing ) it had many electrical faults, probably due to water having entered the microphone at some point. He said repairing it would not be economical. I have kept it since then, as it seemed a pity to just throw it in the bin. Is there any chance you could look at it with your experience of working on these mics? I could send it from Europe.

Many thanks,

Santiago
Where are you located? Are you interested in selling the broken capsule? PM me.

Where are you located? Are you interested in selling the broken capsule? PM me.
Hi, located in Belgium. Would very much prefer to get the mic repaired (worst case scenario: to get the capsule re-skinned and used in a different microphone) rather than just sell the broken capsule...

Hi @Santiago and greetings from Greece.

I attach the Sony C-38B FET Condenser Microphone Service Manual if it may help you to fix any electronic damage in the Sony C-38B FET Condenser Microphone circuit.

Attachments

• Sony C-38B FET Condenser Microphone Service Manual.pdf
    788.8 KB · Views: 2
Back