Marinair Transformer HA.1.1447 ??? found two of these .....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary o

Marinair Transformer HA.1.1447 ??? or thats what it looks like, looks like the input tran for Neve.... found two of these in my junk box ..... in and old DIYed mic input box looks like for a tape recorder anyone know that model ......

Im using one in a mic I made same circuit as U87 but with de emphasiss on/off sw using Tim Cambell capsule, it sounds nice...

Experimenting with a EZ1290 pre I have wired the other as if it is correct input tran for EZ1290 & it work good not sure what to expect as using massive Sowter Tran 5:1 on Ez1290 output dont even know if Im in the ballpark the pre has a lot of level.... I had another top quality Sowter 9045 on the input before I tried the Marinair with the Sowter on the input I had way to much level so the Marinair seems right, I need to learn more about the original neve transformer ratios I guess....

THanks CJ same shape as that has a yellow sticker Harlow Essex phone 24766, Im only a few miles from Harlow, I tried calling but got put on hold ha ....

Do you know any spec on that one ....

Many thanks

AEridge thanks for link yeah since CJ cleared up the model number I some googling seem a bit of info out there.....Im currently using one in a EZ1290 and it sound great.... using other one in U87 mic its sounds really really great not sure how I believe U87 trans meant to be 10:1 its wired different to Ez1290 I was just randomly trying wiring combinations, its sounds so good in the U87 circuit....

Latest posts

Back