Mechanical Front Ends for Pre's (EA Eden)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rochey

White Market Member
Hello folks,

lots of emails from folks asking if they really need the digital switching front ends that we recommend with Edens. I originally did that design because I thought it'd look kinda sexy... but i can show, it is possible to do the same thing in using mechanical switches and some passives connected directly to the switches.

Here's how I planned to test it... (can you tell I got a laser cutter as a new toy?)

I'll post a diagram of how you can wire it up in the next post.

Attachments

• lasercutedenfrontpanel.jpg
    lasercutedenfrontpanel.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 48
I don't have a front end PCB that connects directly to these old school switches, so I decided to draw up a diagram that I could solder directly.

Here's what I came up with. It is left as an excercise to the reader to decide to mirror these settings or not (North/South) depending on whether switching to the left or the right on the front panel is considered "on"

Attachments

• mchanical front end.png
    mchanical front end.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 40
Don't forget some AC coupling Caps between the OUT+ and OUT- on the front end, and the Eden Pre's! There are some small pinholes for this! :)

/R

Back