Mic bodies; where to get them lately (U87 type mostly)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskeynipple0088

All,
was wondering where people are getting their blank mic bodies from lately (mostly the U87 type). The suppliers and supplies seem to change quite frequently. Aurycle - said possibly more in stock by December. 939 is out of stock for the U87 type (don't like the other styles)
All I could find is this - which is way expensive ($200) .....but perfect
http://micandmod.com/en/19-parts

thanks

Deepdark said:
Great post since I'm interested on those unmarked donor bodies. You say aurycle Will have some more in december?
thats what they said when I emailed them the other day. ' hopefully by december'
seems like we missed the wave on these bodies .....- hopefully there will be another wave soon.

been looking at this one even though its already marked
http://www.micsdirect.com/isk_bm500.htm
read somewhere someone was looking into this mic but can't remember if it was too small - for the fet u87 I think it was ok but not a tube setup

RuudNL said:
They are smaller than a U87.
I have two of these. They are not too bad out of the factory, but a bit noisy...

thanks for chiming in  -
So Ive been strolling thru the threads -
hoping to build 2x fet U87 for stereo and a tubeU67 version also - seems like the tube version needs a bigger body and not tapered
intended use is 2x U87 for instrument - acoustic gtr, overhead drums etc.
and the U67 for box

wonder why there is such a price difference between the Aurycle - and the bodies from micandmod - is the build quality that poor on the Aurycle?

I think some guys made the clone into the isk bm600 body and it worked just fine. I think it's a good deal for the price and We can get rid of the paint easily with some cutex remover. The b2 pro and mxl are smaller than a u87 too.

Is anyone aware of any bodies apart from the SYT-5 that will accommodate the DU67? I have a genuine KK87 head assembly I'm going to bludgeon on so a smaller body would be better, but not sure if it's possible.

Back