Microphone schematics by chat GPT

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure what we are discussing here. ChatGPT is basically automated text generator. It is not designed for what is discussed here, nor does anyone claim it is.

You can test if it can put out accurate information about circuit design theory, electronics...

But if you ask if if VF14 is the best microphone tube ever made it will probably confirm it because of all the text on the web it was trained on. The information would be useless as there isn't any scientific research to back it up.

Just proves that lawyers aren't as smart as everyone assumes they are - neither are doctors. Being highly educated in one narrow field is not the same as high intelligence.
Above average intelligence, > IQ 100, is necessary but intelligence itself does not necessarily include creativity and good judgment. Being highly educated, having knowledge, is a starting point.

I already knew that and posted an article about it which was written by a human and is more informative and nuanced than that.
I wrote "many mic gurus", but if you want to needlessly perpetuate the discussion...

I don't think it is obvious to everyone what AI really means, and how AI term is commercially thrown around these days. ChatGPT is not really AI, it is not intelligent. Term AI is used a lot to make the hype around commercial projects so it would be easier to sell them, and boost the hype, and threads like this actually help the companies.

If it truly were an AI it would be able to create the circuit and you wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't a human who did it. Which would mean it would pass the Turing test.

I wrote "many mic gurus", but if you want to needlessly perpetuate the discussion...

I don't think it is obvious to everyone what AI really means, and how AI term is commercially thrown around these days. ChatGPT is not really AI, it is not intelligent. Term AI is used a lot to make the hype around commercial projects so it would be easier to sell them, and boost the hype, and threads like this actually help the companies.

If it truly were an AI it would be able to create the circuit and you wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't a human who did it. Which would mean it would pass the Turing test.
AI is now a marketing buzz word.

Maybe. I had a calculus teacher that allowed us to use whatever we wanted during a test: Internet, computer, books, anything. Most students failed anyway, because, even with all the tools available at your fingertips, they were useless if you didn't know what you were doing and showed all your work. This was before Wolfram Alpha came in to play, which gives you not only the answer, but also the steps to get there. But still, I can think of many questions I could ask students that even Wolfram Alpha or ChatGPT wouldn't help too much.
https://writings.stephenwolfram.com/2023/03/chatgpt-gets-its-wolfram-superpowers/

Specifically, a circuit can be improved or even designed by a program, and the AI will improve every month. More specifically, a "microphone", the "best microphone", is the result of the set of lots of (even) imperfections of its key components, a set of details that for the moment escape the evaluation of the machines. But it's more a problem of "[[fuzzy data] acquisition]" (I didn't say complex) than of analysis capacity. greetings

Specifically, a circuit can be improved or even designed by a program, and the AI will improve every month. More specifically, a "microphone", the "best microphone", is the result of the set of lots of (even) imperfections of its key components, a set of details that for the moment escape the evaluation of the machines. But it's more a problem of "[[fuzzy data] acquisition]" (I didn't say complex) than of analysis capacity. greetings
1072021503-_T2eC16R__ysE9sy0iH__BR_8PVIZg___60_35.jpg

Many threads are about component replacement or sourcing (vintage transistors,transformers, tubes etc.)
AI would have no issue cross coupling databases and inventories of suppliers to source equivalents (maybe even bargen for the best price) but here is the thing, some just cannot and AI has no means of solving this one except redesigning (the easiest thing to do for AI as i mentioned before). Unless AI gets "hands" and all resources and manufacturing facilities it will not be able to produce/solve anything.

Latest posts

Back