Miktek CV4 How to open it?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingkorg

Anyone with experience with this one? Spent an hour trying to open it without success.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230702_205937.jpg
    Screenshot_20230702_205937.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 2
Anyone with experience with this one? Spent an hour trying to open it without success.
I think the body shell is screwed on normally with an end bell. Look at the photo, you can see the thread. You can also see it in the attached video. Is the body possibly a bit warped? Try some heat...

CV4_tube.jpg

check @ 0.35 min and beyond

Last edited:
If it is built like the one in the youtube video maybe it has something like loctite blue on the threads.
Have you tried a non-marring strapwrench?

I own two of them. The bottom unscrews off the rest of the body. I never had a problem unscrewing it but it may be tight.
What are you doing with it? A mod?

I own two of them. The bottom unscrews off the rest of the body. I never had a problem unscrewing it but it may be tight.
What are you doing with it? A mod?
Thanks a lot, I'll be more persistent. I did though use all the force i had without any luck. No answer from Miktek yet.

It is from a friend, it has a fault somewhere, so trying to fix it. But i am very curious about the circuit and capsule. I will measure it, see what it's made of.

The circuit, from my memory, was the Oliver Archut U47 Alternate Tube schematic. I posted the schematic here a few years ago, from tracing the circuit. I will find it and repost.

Last edited:
I have plenty of pictures if you need any more help. With a better capsule, I think the mic is very good.
View attachment 111226View attachment 111227
Thanks for the tip. In the end i left it in a freezer for two hours in hope the heavy metal it's made of will contract. And fortunately it did, and the bell came off as you suggested.

I'll report my findings regarding the circuit, and i'll measure the capsule outside the body to see if there's anything special about it.

I took the capsule out of mine and replaced it with k47 style I bought from Advanced Audio. I am curious to what a BeesNeez would sound in it. I have seen post on Realgear online where the popular mod putting in a c12 style capsule. It sounds better to me with the AA AK47 I put in than the stock capsule. My Telefunken 800 tube went bad in mine. I found I think an RFT 800 sounds decent enough. I tried to get a hold of miktek to get another Telefunken tube but I never hear back from them. They use to have top notch support when I first got the mic but the last several years I never get a response.

Digging up this thread to ask what did you end up doing to the CV4 KingKorg? I have a couple of the original capsules if you needed one. So far, I've found no use for them. Seems to be the wrong circuit for a K67 type capsule.

Digging up this thread to ask what did you end up doing to the CV4 KingKorg? I have a couple of the original capsules if you needed one. So far, I've found no use for them. Seems to be the wrong circuit for a K67 type capsule.
I just fixed it, the owner liked how it sounded stock.

Back