MixBuzz500 build/support tHread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Backside view. I redid the molex power harness to the add-on board to be off to the side by the standoff. It kept interfering with the edac connector on the backplane of the rack snd would not fully seat. I'll good now.

Attachments

• IMG_4479.JPG
    IMG_4479.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Hi there,
I just wanted to give you my input on this project.
I've just built 2 units for live purpose, one with crush & blend with 2 mix settings and 1 2181, one without C&B and dbx gold cans.
They're fairly easy to build if you read carefully this thread, and they sound amazing. Really great compressor. It's by far the best addition I've done to my rig and I regret to not have done it sooner.
Thanks everyone here, I said it before, but I love this place and the people around here.
If you want to hear those live, just go to a SLIFT gig, you'll find me behind the mixing desk headbanging.

Attachments

• IMG_20240222_114310.jpg
    IMG_20240222_114310.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Hi,

I'm a little confused about the R60 resistor value. In all the BOMs I've read it is marked as 100R but on the PCB (provided by frontapnels.de) it says 200R.
I'm making a build with a single 2180C on both VCA and SC-VCA, if that is relevant.

Can someone help me with this, please?

Thanks,
Dimitris

Hi,

I'm a little confused about the R60 resistor value. In all the BOMs I've read it is marked as 100R but on the PCB (provided by frontapnels.de) it says 200R.
I'm making a build with a single 2180C on both VCA and SC-VCA, if that is relevant.

Can someone help me with this, please?

Thanks,
Dimitris
(ADJUSTMENT OF R60 (33R...120R)
MAY BE NEEDED FOR CORRECT RATIOS-IT DEPENDS ON VCA USED)

If you are using Frank's VCA board with one 2180c on board 100R should be fine. I never changed my value. Although I wouldn't know how to test if the ratios were correct to begin with. Not sure why the board says 200r. On the Pictorial it say's TBD.

Attachments

• 1_3_control_btm.png
    1_3_control_btm.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 0
(ADJUSTMENT OF R60 (33R...120R)
MAY BE NEEDED FOR CORRECT RATIOS-IT DEPENDS ON VCA USED)

If you are using Frank's VCA board with one 2180c on board 100R should be fine. I never changed my value. Although I wouldn't know how to test if the ratios were correct to begin with. Not sure why the board says 200r. On the Pictorial it say's TBD.
Thank you. Indeed, I'm using Frank's VCA PCBs.

Perhaps the R60 is shown as 200r because it is intended to work in parallel with the 500r RATIOS trimmer that is on the underside of the board. Did you leave that trimmer out?

Back