MK-U47

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already ordered two of Skylar's mic-bodies, so to get two of these would be very nice  ;D
Count me in for a pair!

Hi everybody,

The MK47 is coming along.
I´m working on a second revision PCB in order to make the project compatible with the Mk7 footprint to use it with T-Bone SCT-700/Nady TCM-1050 and many other budget mic housings.

-max

edit: p.s. the eqp500 project is on hold atm

fazeka said:
I'm sorry, what's the difference again between your MK7 and MK47 kits?

The MK47 is an exact copy of the U47 except that Max is using some unknown tube which can apparently operate with the same parameters as the VF14.

I think the MK47 will include PCB, transformer, and tube, but I'm not totally sure.

Hi Max !

the schematcis never load. can aybody else see them in the first post ?  best, Nicholas

I'm very interested in 2 kits depending on price, of course.
Good luck with what must be a hard project! Much appreciated!

Skylar said:
fazeka said:
I'm sorry, what's the difference again between your MK7 and MK47 kits?

The MK47 is an exact copy of the U47 except that Max is using some unknown tube which can apparently operate with the same parameters as the VF14.

I think the MK47 will include PCB, transformer, and tube, but I'm not totally sure.

I think he means if the mk47 is an exact replica, what is the mk7.

From my understanding it was a mic that was going for that "sound" but with more readily available parts (tube more than anything) And it was the transformer that gave it that u47 vibe. Please correct me if i'm wrong, but my understanding is that it was similar to every other u47 replica (in respect to its not the exact circuit, its just going for that sound)

"What's the MK7?" you say...

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=30124.0

everything you need to know and more!

Back