MK-U47

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all for the huge request. All paid Kits will ship on monday.
I prepared a big batch but underestimated the demand so i'm down to just a couple of kits left.
But i already started to extend this batch, have to re-order a few parts and will have more kits within two weeks or so.

-max

I never did get an paypal-email, checking to see if you are still processing orders, or are done and waiting for next batch?

all paid kits shipping - thanks for your purchase!
I'm sold out at the moment, next kits are already in the pipeline, stay tuned.

-max

Whats the difference between your MK47 and MK7 kits? Is one more truer to the U47 build and sound?

How do these sound like?

I designed the BV7 transformer for the MK7 set to match conditions of the widely used Ef86 (Pf86/Ef12...)  family of tubes.
It came with no parts so users combined different combinations of capsules, output coupling caps, biasing etc
The set was heading in the direction of the U47 circuit while staing universal/mod-able/DIY-friendly enough to be used e.g. with a CK12 capsule.

The MK47 is closer to the original. Most people use it with a M7/K47 capsule.
It uses the Bv8c transformer which was designed to be used with either a real VF14 or the included tube(s). It runs on one power rail @105Vdc like the original instead of two seperate supplies for heater and anode current ( a original PSU could be used). Circuit-wise the Mk47 is very close to the original.

I'm going to be purchasing kits in the next few days and I'm contemplating buying a power supply that's already fully assembled.

Would I have to modify Oliver Archut's PSU? to work with this kit?: http://www.tab-funkenwerk.com/id120.html
schematic here (pictured on the right): http://www.tab-funkenwerk.com/id85.html

Just wanted to find out if it would be a simple plug and play situation. If not I will build myself instead.

You need, in addition to the +105V of the PSU, a +48V to power the relay and change the directivity of the microphone, so no, it won't do the job.

Back