MK7 - tube mic project

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gus,

i have no experience with that part, but reading the data sheet shows that the ripple rejection is also specified at 3v in/out difference.

-max

Finally getting to ordering these parts  :-[

what are you North Americans doing about the 5W 22R pot?

How about Digi-Key part number:  CT2152-ND

kosher?

Corrections to the NA Bom posted by imo

imo said:
1 x 47nF 160V film                         mouser 505-MKP4.047/400/10 (10mm spacing confirmed)

This part number doesn't have the 10mm spacing, this part number does:  505-MKP4.047/400/10P

Max also worried about height of this original part the suffix P part is 1.5mm shorter in height.

imo said:
1 x 100 Kiloohm  - plate resistor     mouser  660-MFS1/4DCT52R1003

This resistor felt really small to me, so I just used a few standard 1/2 W 100Kohms i had lying around.  Looks like 1/2 W will be fine from peoples' responses to my query on wattage.

More as I continue...

yes, as already mentioned, 1/2 watt is fine for the plate resistor, even 1/4w works somehow.
the prototype pic from the first page shows a 1/2w carbon comp. resistor.

Hi Brad

Thanks for posting your progress.  Are you using just one PS for both mics? 

I was aiming to build one for each of my two but if ones enough that'd be peachy.

Cheers

Jim

hello all,

some days ago i received/tested more of the nos lamination for the BV7 transfomer. they are from the same quality & manufacturing year.
some pre-work is already done, expect the new batch of MK7 sets to show up at the black market in about two weeks.

.max

ioaudio.  just my sorry plea to have a chance to get transformers this time around. the previous 2 black market threads were started midday north american time. myself and others have no access to our computers at that time. perhaps this time you could begin the thread so us north americans can be home by our pcs when the frenzy begins. thanks for this project. i hoping this will be my "go to" mic for vocals.  by the way. do you prefer this project with one of dales capsules or thiersch??
thanks again
chris vought (seavote)

price per set will be 10 euro more than last time (=159 euro, due lamination cost) + shipping and paypal fees

chris, my records show that i shipped approx. the half of the sets to eu and the other half usa.

-max

Not 100 % accurate but i tried compling all the Q & A on a wordpad doc ,
[ no graphics ] it'll be big , would posting it be more trouble than it's worth ?

regards Greg

O.k. scratch that apparently there's a 20,000 word limit to messages ,
maybe it doesn't make sense all wacked together any other ideas ?

Back