Mobile audio interface solution for Android phone? DIY Fieldrecorder?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock soderstrom

Tour de France
Hi guys I am looking for a compact and mobile audio interface solution for my (old) Samsung Android phone.

Minimum feature set should be 2 tracks in and out. It can be a commercial ready made or better a DIY module which I would then add mic pres and headphone amplifier. Minimum 24Bit/48KHz, no special drivers (USB class compliant).

It will probably be a USB solution, possibly also Bluetooth?

The important thing is that the interface complements the phone well and that the whole thing remains very practical, mobile and battery-powered.

I would prefer a DIY module that is easy to modify. On the other hand the Behringer UCA222, for example, would be a good start (if the input quality were better). Something like that could be easily modified and upgraded.

My favorite idea would be a base of the same size of the phone on which a snap-in case for the actual phone is then attached. This would turn both parts into a field recorder with all the advantages of integrated apps such as a DAW like Cubase.

1000041664.jpg

1000041665.jpg

The base should be large enough for the input/output connections, the electronics and the batteries (3x9V??). Phantom power is not a must.

What do you think, does anyone know a suitable DIY module or ready-made device that could come into question?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back