Moderna shot number2

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

So due to travel and work obligations this summer I finished moderna number 2. I was fine after, for the whole day but once night came, a whole different story. While it feels like flu it’s different in that the following happened. Out of nowhere I got hit with that feeling that you know you are coming down with something. Aches, chills, etc. really feeling like the following
Train spotting detox scene
On the upside I came up with a 2ft long straw so I sit up slightly and drink fluids without having to get up completely. Even have a way to hold the water bottle so it doesn’t tip over.

I had the same reactions after my first shot of AstraZeneca - I was fine for almost 24 hours, then symptoms up the wazoo for 2 days.
Just the way it is sometimes.
I had my second shot almost 2 weeks ago and was completely symptom free, nada.

Hope you're OK by now.

That means it is working... the stronger the reaction the more antibodies are being created.

That too will pass...

JR
So if I didn't get a lot of side effects it means that I am more vulnerable or have a faulty inmune system?

I am not a MD so not qualified to give medical advice (while that doesn't stop me from sharing opinions).

My neighbor who is a druggist says he has heard about a wide range of different individual responses. Some people had their butt kicked and some barely noticed.

My first jab of Moderna was hardly noticed, the second caused the typical stronger response.. I only had a couple degrees elevated temperature but felt poorly for one night.

JR

My first shot of Biontech was a piece of cake. In two weeks I will get the second shot. They say this one is a little harder in the finish. We will see.

I had a medium-high fever and the feeling I was being ripped apart from the inside for 24 hours. That was 2 months ago. I feel great! Been seeing lots of friends lately! Jamming again! It's worth it! Also, my migraines for the first time in my life haven't been as bad, accidental side-effect? Who's to say!

My wife worked on the Moderna vaccine (clinical research budgets, not as a researcher herself). First of all, to say I’m a proud husband would be an understatement. Second, we got all of the developing info directly from the horse’s mouth over the past year +. The good info is out there to be had by the general public, of course, but unfortunately it’s bogged down by having to compete with all of the misinformation and bad faith reporting. Long story short, though, while everyone’s reaction is going to be different (my wife got heavy symptoms for several days from both shots, I got nothing more than a sore shoulder), the strength of your reaction doesn’t correspond to the efficacy of the vaccine or your subsequent resistance to the virus.

My first shot went as follows. The lady who gave it was super nice, I didn’t feel a thing until the very end of the jab. From there I waiting the Allotted time of 15 mins and went on my way. I got to my car and my head went from clear to feeling foggy. I cancelled my day and slept. Was fine the next day.
Amazing how so many people have variety of side effects. I usually. Don’t get sick, but when I do it’s pretty heavy. So how number 2 is going is not shock luckily I don’t have the swollen arm or red arm.

Supposedly the side effects can depend on a few different things, including previous exposure to other (previous and less nasty) coronaviruses.
Yeah, I make a point to not come down with a case of corona unless it’s beach party because beer can be good. Least my dad humor is back and the worst is over

Last edited:
Yeah, I make a point to not come down with a case of corona unless it’s beach party because beer can be good. Least my dad humor is back and the worst is over

Glad to see your Dad humour has recovered!
I wonder if Corona saw an increase or decrease in sales. That’s a whole lot of free advertising.

My first shot gave me a ridiculously sore arm 6 hours after the jab. Next day I had zero energy, then I was fine. A week after a lymph node near my collar bone became painful, and was the size of a marble when I discovered it. Then it swelled to about ping pong ball size. Scared the crap outta me because I hadn’t heard of that side effect. Lasted about 2 weeks then shrunk back to normal over a couple days.

2nd shot gave me the same stupidly sore arm. I was fine for about 4 days then bam! Spent about a week feeling like garbage. No swollen lymph node this time around.

Glad I got the shot, but I’d be happy not to have to get another for a very long time

There seems to be a fair bit of anecdotal evidence that Moderna shot #2 can knock you sideways. I got a call today from my daughter to say her boyfriend has been off work all week after getting his second Moderna jab.

Cheers

Ian

What about the "Delta Variant"? apparently some of the current vaccines are worthless against it.

Latest posts

Back