Monster Cable - at it again

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because they are within their legal rights doesn't change the fact that they are still a bunch of douchebag bullys engaged in legal extortion.

One good thing about the down economy is that the real-world association of the word "MONSTER" is probably swinging towards the company that helps people find jobs and away from the company that sells $100 RCA cables.  Long live "Monster.com Park"!

-Chris

Lets hope that the impending "credit crunch" sees an end to Monster Cable !!
I bet of you got this story to the right "rich" businessman and his lawyer, they would make
mincemeat out of Monster cable

MM.

I agree with the point that a single word in the English (or any other) language should not be allowed to be registered as a trademark. This was the case when I applied to register my old company name in 1997 in UK and EC. I was refused because it was a word in Italian and Spanish (although it's main origin is Latin). In fact I remember making a point with Microsoft's "windows" but I was still refused.

But in US it has always been allowed. And that is my point. I am not defending them, but as it stands the law of the land allows them to register it as a trademark, and they are entitled to stop others using it in the classifications that the mark is regsitered in. I think the right thing to do is to loby to change the trademark laws.

The question is wether they actualy are withing there legal right or are they're just preying on small companies that don't have a legal department.

None of these claims actualy seem to make it to court and a licencing fee is negotiated to avoid further costs. Will over 400 companies paying these licencing fees thay must be making a bucket load.

The 400 small guys should take up a joint action against Monster, I can't see how
any judge in his right mind, would fail to see this as anything but extortion !!!!

MM.

They may well do but if you have ever been to a court, you will realise that  in court the evidence talks but emotional warble walks. If the evidence proves that Monster Cable has registered that trademark in the related classifications, and started to use it commercially before those 400 companies started to use, then it would to be a very short legal battle I can assure you.

and when enough folks boycott monster cable, it will be a very short time to bankruptcy.
this is the best way anywayz, why tie up the courts further?
and good riddance to them and their bogus "science"...

Latest posts

Back