More questions for Mr. Hall

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesfei

Hello John, it's great to see you here. First, thanks again for answering my post at the 3d Audio forum about the SPA-50, I look forward to your revisions.

I'm just curious about some of the history of early Langevin/Altec/etc modules, did you also design the Langevin 116/117 and 5116/5117? I've seen the 60's era Langevin/Altec two band passive program and graphic eq's credited to Art Davis, which made sense since he moved to Altec a few years before he died. But did he actually do the design or were they done by others under his management? I've been intrigued by the lineage of designers from Western Electric, early Langevin and Cinema, who seemed to have been largely responsible for most of the tube era work (some of the Universal Audio designers seem to be also ex-Cinema), but it's hard to find out who-did-what today unless AES papers were published on a particular design.

When you have a moment, it would be a real treat to know about all of your various designs since it covers so much equipment that is still loved by engineers today.

With warm regards,

James

Latest posts

Back