My buffer amp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really love all the people here and what has been happening for ever so long!

I have been using the foreplay by www.bottlehead.com for about 5 years now and it can slam out 20 volts if needed unclipped. The special circuit called camille constant current source is referred to as the "anticipation circuit" and can be adapted to many insertion points with many circuits.

It is used as the current correction in a cathode follower circuit.

I just wanted to share this info and I hope that this can help the rail service and delivery to make for a better circuit and better sound. I love it and it is the shit...for what I dabble in.

Bill Roberts precision mastering.

Hi Bill,

how are you ... long time no hear.

I'd love to discuss sound and topologies on this one BUT in the light of recent days and to illustrate a point I'm going to have a STIRrrr

[begin rant]

The Foreplay does look very cool and as a partner to the original S.E.X. (Single Ended eXperimenter's) amp kit it's just about perfect.
AND
at skill level 1
AND
at only $179 plus shipping it could probably make me very horny.
BUT wait there is more....
:green:
( how many upset viewers do we have ??)

... there is the Anticipation constant current source upgrade and at only $75 plus shipping ... even though it is at skill level 2 it should still keep you juiced up.

There are some here that think I should be sent away for such things.
I'll never buy this kit as I don't know the maker. I may one day buy a kit but mostly it will be in support of the venture OR to write a web article on the project to help other DIY'ers successfully complete their project.

Yes the BottleHead.com does have a forum and I'm sure people can get help there with this and other Bottle projects

BUT ... and here comes the point to all this ...

If Bill or anyone else wants to come here to ask about
how to or
what went wrong or
how can I better apply this to my studio.
Bill's studio ...
Bill's mastering ...
Do you get my point yet ?

We think we are pretty good and we love making and modifying equipment that makes music.
If you have an issue with your audio recording or music making equipment then you can bring it here and the best ... well almost ... will attempt to answer your question.

ANY question is fair
ANY subject is fair
The method may well have rules but
ALL discussion is open.

bring it on !!!
put up or shut up
you want to create a reputation on the net ... then be respectful and answer the question with honour and always be humble.

[rant end]

:green: :green: :green:

it's all good
and yes
we love our diy

sorry Bill
... for using your post to make a point

thanks Steve ...
again sorry Bill for hijacking your thread.

Perhaps I should start a new thread called

BILL's Big Buffer

and we can actually talk about topologies and variants and all the good stuff.

Yeah!
New thread.
We know where we stand now...well I do :green:
Or if Bill posts a pic of himself we could just leave the last "er" off that title... :grin:

Jus joshing with ya, jus joshin' me old cobber!

Go and do some work Steve...

chef :thumb:

Bill's Big Buff.. er

funny as $%&#

OK Bill, grab the digital camera and show us one of your adapted insertion points.
:thumb:

... seriously now, grab a camera and show us a real picture of one of these things.

[quote author="Viitalahde"]IF it's tech stuff.. Go for it! [/quote]

That's the point! :green:

We love to talk tech, and we like bare wires, not... :roll:

chef

[quote author="Viitalahde"] .. "I have a Behringer Composer. Is there any way to make it sound better?" ..[/quote]

wait for it

TURN IT OFF

don't get angry ... I mean no dis-respect ... just in a funny mood today.

OK
now lets get back to the question at hand.

Bill's Big BuFF - er

I've given this a little thought over the past few days and even though it is probably likely that a MASTERING suite will probably have a very clean and flat set on Speakers/Monitors ... or two ... and a very clean Power Amplifier and a likewise clean Audio Switcher/Distribution device ... may even be a mixer. The Mastering Suite has an opening for an effect unit to introduce a non-linear result in both amplitude and frequency.

This unit may be injected as a send return or place directly in the audio path. The job of the mastering eng can be more difficult that people give credit to and some jobs can be quite complex. True .. some jobs can also be so simple that nothing is required at all, although I think this is probably very rare.

Another interesting Mastering point or question is ... balanced or unbalanced ?? Tubes often require trafos and even though that does have to be a balanced signal, it is often intended that way. Not using trafos with tubes will more then likely mean a reliance on caps in the signal path.

Can simple tubed circuits be matched for perfect stereo operation and can it be quantitatively measured ?
Can transistor'ed and IC'ed circuits be perfectly matched and measured ?

I hope I haven't scared Bill away and hope he will soon return with some picture and ideas to focus a discussion on.

:roll:

Latest posts

Back