My GSSL - finally finished

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only thing is, I cant figure out how the circuit relates to the actual PCB. You know, the actual components overlaid on the actual PCB tracks. Ill try and figure it out.

connector J3 on the schematic, pin1 is bypassed output, pin 2 is output through the RC network, pin 3 is input to the second stage. between pins 1 and 3 is bypass, between pins 2 and 3 is filter ON.

finally got back in to my gssl and figured out what the error was (wasn't passing audio - at all)

never believe the shop boy who says an ne5534 is a substitute for an ne5532. it isn't!!!!!

now everything seems fine.

phew.

chris.

[quote author="mfdu"]finally got back in to my gssl and figured out what the error was (wasn't passing audio - at all)

never believe the shop boy who says an ne5534 is a substitute for an ne5532. it isn't!!!!!

now everything seems fine.

phew.

chris.[/quote]

Have you got a thrust filter in it chris?

I don´t have an etching machine etc.. so it´s not possible to do pcbs.

Did someone of you have one or more Thrust filter pcbs left or is someone willing to do some for me (germany)...?

if not I will go for point to point ... no problem at all...

juergen (at) mutekki (dot) com or PM ?

thanks

[quote author="dukasound"][quote author="[silent:arts]"]woul a component overlay pdf be possible ?
helpfull for all non circuitmaker owners.[/quote]

Hi
I redraw Svarts board and layout and make some drawing for connections. Maybe this will help to anyone. This board sits nice on transformers place. You can montage with two or three screws and can use hole on board (I signed) to make ground connection above transfomers ground
http://www.dukasound.cg.yu/Data/Trust.pdf
Duka[/quote]

Duka,

I cant tell from your diagram, eactly where the yellow wire is going to on the main PCB? Can you tell me where exactly it goes? thanks.

Hey Dufo!

The yellow wire connects where the 47k resistors go doesn't it? I think the two 47k pads actually join together so it doesn't matter which solder pad you choose.

[quote author="Sammas"]Hey Dufo!

The yellow wire connects where the 47k resistors go doesn't it? I think the two 47k pads actually join together so it doesn't matter which solder pad you choose.[/quote]

Thanks Sammas! :grin:

That makes sense, I have made the thrust board, but havent opened up the gssl yet so I wasnt aware those pads joined together, thanks .

It seems to be two extra components on svarts layout ?? Or is there? Not sure what Im seeing....

Two components crossing the tracks from the + and - points??

[quote author="dufo"]It seems to be two extra components on svarts layout ?? Or is there? Not sure what Im seeing....

Two components crossing the tracks from the + and - points??[/quote]

Can anyone tell me what these marked areas are supposed to be? Some additional parts to the original schem. posted?

not sure where you mean.. I am looking at the overlays right now and the go straight from the power connector directly to the opamp pins without anything going over them.. trace the tracks from pins 4 and 8 on the opamp..

Hi Svart :0)

Well the first point of query is directly below the link that runs right below the opamp (marked green in on the PCB PDF). Sitting right above the stack of 6 resistors.

Then next to it is another "object".

They are both rectangular, there are holes in the PCB at those places, but what it is supposed to be.....im lost.

Sorry ofr the hazy explanation...

OK i see now that you are looking at Duka's version I now see that he added two places for decoupling capacitors...something i left out of my version of the PCB which i was looking at this whole time! sorry for the mix up!

Put some 100nf(.1uf) caps there. or, ou could also leave them out as I have found the main PCB to have sufficient capacitence and the Tl072 is very stable..

:thumb:

Is anyone going to make up boards for this? I have yet to build mt SSL (It's been about a year)... but I would like to include this.

Or, if anyone has some perfboards already stuffed with parts, that I can just wire into my SSL, that would be great too!!

I'd like to buy some etched boards for this thrust circuit to add to the GSSLs I have under construction. Would anyone be willing to etch the boards and sell them to me? It would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

Latest posts

Back