NAMM2023 - see you there?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyraf

Staff member
GDIY Supporter
Hi Group,

Me and my friend Tim Campbell will be attending the NAMM2023 exhibition later this week

Any chance of meeting any of you guys irl?

We'll be at booth #15729 (acc. north hall) with our distributor "One F Sound"

Jakob Erland
Gyraf Audio

After years of set-up, tear-down, and being nice to dealers for several days in between, I am pleased to report that once again I will not attend this year's namm show...

It seems a little odd to have winter(?) namm in April maybe all the old April shows are tired.

It looks like the Frankfurt Musik Messe is happening this month also. Apparently there has been a massive consolidation of music merchants into a handful of large internet sellers (or so I read). So the Messe may be more modest.

Enjoy, about the only thing I will miss is not seeing old industry friends. Say hi and raise a glass for me. ;)

JR

As usual, I have the best hacks to enjoy the best namm experience.
For example enter at the ac north hall because the lines are always shorter to get in.
The ultimate NAMM hack, and yes I did pull this off once, is to excuse yourself to the loo and then leave for the day going to Disneyland. Then return at end of day just in time to go for dinner with dealers.

Last edited:
No, in the past Musikmesse and Prolight&Sound were different trade fairs in different halls, but at the same time. Musikmesse basically died while Prolight&Sound still is ok.

No, in the past Musikmesse and Prolight&Sound were different trade fairs in different halls, but at the same time. Musikmesse basically died while Prolight&Sound still is ok.

Thank you for explaining.
Musikmesse was the equivalent to NAAM in Europe wasn’t it?

So if it died it means there’s no equivalent in Europe at all at the moment?

The show named "Studioszene" has to some degree taken over our part of the equation - By Sound & Recording › Studioszene - next one will be in October in Hamburg - and yes, I'll be there :)

/Jakob E.

Hi Jakob,
Is the Studioszene Show as big as MusikMesse was?

I never been in Musicmesse before, actually wanted to go this year but didn’t know it was dead.
Was Musikmesse a big show like the NAMM, even though smaller but quite big nonetheless?

Thanks

Hi Jakob,
Is the Studioszene Show as big as MusikMesse was?

I never been in Musicmesse before, actually wanted to go this year but didn’t know it was dead.
Was Musikmesse a big show like the NAMM, even though smaller but quite big nonetheless?

Thanks
It's been years (decades) since I worked the musikmesse trade show but to repeat it was HUGE. The booths were spread out across something like ten or more different buildings.

Jan NAMM was a major industry trade show for big companies announcing new products. The Musik Messe in Frankfurt was more of an international show with small companies from around the world.

The world has changed with internet direct sales.... Caveat: I have been out of the product trenches for years.

JR

The studioszene is much, much smaller than musikmesse ever was - perhaps 50 to 100 exhibitors - it is more like the essence of pro audio from musikmesse past. So no instruments etc that was the biggest part of messe.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back