Nashville GDIY Group ??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm for 0dbfs hosting, that sounds awesome, at a time best for him.  Plus, I forgot I can't do monday night the 5th anyway.... 

bless,
greg

Note to All:

We are on for tonight! Bring your solder, snips, and screwdrivers!
If you didn't receive the meeting location or my contact info please email or PM.

If you have a U47 (or m49) please bring that along and we can A/B against an mk47's, mk7's. and a couple DIY m49c conversions (m49's in-progress but spitting out signal). Ok, maybe next time if not tonight. :)

Cheers,
jb

Thanks again to 0dBfs for hosting our first get together last night.
It was fun meeting you guys and hanging out for a bit.
Hope we can do something again soon!

Absolutely my pleasure! It was great meeting you and everyone!

I can't wait for the next Nashville GDIY.

We can use our "theater room" for future events or gatherings but it might also be nice to get out to some other locations.

Cheers,
JoBu

We compared some mic's:

MK7 w/pf86 & Dales M7's
MK47 w/parallel 6028's & Q47D's
M49c conversion w/TAB T49, JAN-5840w, and CT12 ch-apsules (from recent GB)

The MK7 / MK47 went through Earthsled's DIY 1272 style fully-carnhill'd pre's (which were kick-ass BTW)...

Dan, Let me know when you are in town again.

Cheers,
JoBu

Starting t' t'ink about the next nashville-diy meet/greet.

Early April time-frame... Mark your calendar!
We are looking for some themes... Some sort of DIY theme... Something we can focus on as a group perhaps... Study up on some schematics, perhaps breadboard or proto some franken-device...
Something that will lead us out towards the edge.. Where we may perhaps be provided with opportunity to peer over into infinity then lean back towards the comfort and safety of knowledge and understanding...
ps, if you are local please get in on this. If you are not local, we like visitors... Come visit. The further you travel to get here the better.

Cheers,
jb

Hey folks --

Just so everyone can plan in advance, I'm offering to host our next meeting on the evening of Wednesday, April 4th. My workplace has a modest studio where we will be free to patch-in gear, audition stuff, etc. The location is near I40, just east of the airport. Please PM me for the address and details if you are planning to come (also, so I can get a head-count).

Looking forward to it!

Hi all,

Just a reminder that we are planning our second meeting next Wednesday evening (April 4th). I don't think we ever settled on a theme, so just bring anything you want to share. Please email or PM me if you are planning to come.

The more the merrier!

I'm in again.  I'll be bringing my recording buddy along as well.

I'll try to bring a project that I've built.

I think he'll be showing off some DIY acoustic treatment.  Probably pictures only, since the actual items are pretty heavy and mounted on his wall, but it should be useful.

Hi Everyone,

!!!VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Moments ago, I was informed that the studio where I work was double booked over tomorrow night's meeting. I am VERY sorry about this, but we won't be able to meet as originally planned.

Assuming some of you will have the same weekly schedule, I went ahead and secured time for next week on the evening of Wednesday the 11th.

Please send me a PM or email if you can make it next week.

Again, I apologize, unfortunately this snafu was completely out of my control.  :mad:

Hi folks,

Just a reminder that we are on for tomorrow evening. Please PM/email/call me for details and directions. We'll have the studio from 6 PM till....

Look forward to seeing everyone!

Latest posts

Back