Neve 2254 rewire

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would totally make sense that the weird nearly working of the unit is down to the pnp transistor not being right.
I’ll take a photo of the bc214s I have and check the pins on my trany tester

I thought I had to be fair but didn’t realise there was another variant which had a completely different pin out!!
I’m fairly sure that mine is a bc214b and not a bc214L, will check in the morning.
As you look at the flat face of it emitter is on the left, base mid leg, right collector.

Yeah my problems lie with TR5 on ba185 which I’ve labelled T6 on the collector is meant to be 0.2v and I’m getting 12v so definitely will change this for another pnp and see what I get.
Will look at the other PnP transistors as well.

yep, plugged it all in and ran some drums through it, sounds great, much lower noise now ive used the screen leads in the correct place!!!
Seem to setup easier now and i have very similar channel behaviour.
Ltspice is definetly going to be used a bit more in the future, what a help, and thanks to everyone else for helping, 2254 headache gone now, back to the U47 p2p with the EF14!!!!

there is a setting on the limiter where you put it to the fastest release and have output control up high which is really nice on the drums, havent found this setting before, its like the nuke setting on the 1176, very cool

Latest posts

Back