Neve 2254 rewire

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ba191 schemo i found... It only has 3diodes and One zener....
Simulated both version... Same result!
Believe that zener position Is not so critical... Did you get the response according to zener position?

Best

That’s what I thought as well that the zener position didn’t really make any difference.

I’m going to take all control pots off and reconnect everything once I’ve check them all as it all seems really weird how it’s working.

If the voltages look about right then I will check voltages on ba191 and compare with sim with the same disconnected like on the sim.

I also haven’t been able to get the other transistors within LTspice?
If your able to advise on how to get bc550c or bc184c and the bc214c into LTspice that would be really helpful.
I’m on Mac btw.

In Mac open the library from Go with option Key.... Find ltspice... Lib... There s file named bjt.standard if i m right...
There you can paste strings from the TXT i sent you about bjt models...
Bjt.standard has to be opened with text editor to be modified

sorry Spencer i sent you only the model to run my sim...
here is a complete list.... hope the models you re looking for are there

best

Attachments

• BJT.rtfd.zip
    78 KB · Views: 0
do the trick with LT closed, othewise the list will update the next restart

Last edited:
So just to be clear, are all the voltages on the sim correct as per the transistors?
I wouldn’t have thought they will change that much when I change them for what I’ve got I just want to know if I power each pcb with it not connected fully as per sim I should get pretty much the same voltages?

right ive worked out the problem, i was editing the wrong file.

works now, i have bc550C as the NPN and ive used ZTX214 for the PNP which are similar to the BC214C i believe?
voltages dont change much and i can always use the BC560B as well for the PNP.
now once i get a free few hours i'll rig up 24v and go through each pcb and see what if i get close!!

I have bc214B!!

Maybe I should try something else?
Check the pin out. The B should be the same pin out as the C (which is what Neve used). I think you have the L which is a different pin out, but I think (this was a long time ago) that I had some the were just marked BC214 & & they also wer ethe same pin out as the L version. The L has the base on one of the end pins rather than the centre pin.

The B should work I think it just has a lower Hfe

Latest posts

Back