Neve passive summing wiring technique

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golgoth

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me what was done is this genuine Neve mixer regarding the 10 channels summed into that card?
There seem to be a big blob of metal where the channels wires are soldered, then the C-C small wire connected from that blob to the card's pin.

Unfortunately the picture does not show clearly how it is done (what the blob is, how it is isolated from the chassis etc..). It seems to be somehow hanging over the red/blue power cables. What would be the best / cleanest way to sum 10 channels into one like Neve has done it here?

Thanks!

Capture d’écran 2022-01-24 à 20.20.48.png

I am not sure what you mean by the blob of metal. Can you circle it so it is unambiguous. At first sigh it
You can buy tagstrips, or small lugs that are insulated and screw on to bolts. It could be either. Being Neve, it will be done properly.

t looks like the buses are on the lower two PCBs in the picture.

Cheers

Ian

I am not sure what you mean by the blob of metal. Can you circle it so it is unambiguous. At first sigh it

t looks like the buses are on the lower two PCBs in the picture.

Cheers

Ian
Capture d’écran 2022-01-24 à 23.19.41.png

I was referring to this area where we can spot a shiny blob with the blue channel wires solderded into.

The bottom two PCBs are for the individual channels' BA438 opamps.

OK, now I understand. This is very odd. I have never seen that before. As radardoug said a tag strip is a good way to do it if you are designing you own.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back