Neve style 500 series mic pre 1290 1073

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nielsk said:
That is the solder eyelet version, not PCB pin, correct?

Nop, juste download documentation to grayhill and learn how to read reference name.

F = solder pin (no lugs)

Sans-titre.png

Sans-titre-2.png

Ratrace, I see the difference, it is not the pin type but the stop? (the -03B12S instead of -03-1-AJ*)
The part you linked comes up as 71BF30-03B12S at Mouser, the part spec'd is 71BDF30-03-1-AJN.
When I click on the data sheet for the part in Mouser it goes to 71 series BCD switches... odd
As far as I can tell 71BF30-03B12S is stopped between position 1-12, which would be fine, but this aspect of the part number in confusing as it is not exactly referred to in the chart.
Can you confirm that this is the only difference?
Cdp, The distributor is in Europe, with the cost of postage these days it will take running the numbers to see if it is less expensive to ship them all (?) to me in the USA and save paying VAT, but then pay the cost of shipping back to Europe.
The least expensive shipping to Europe is USPS small flat rate priority mail at $40, the package could easily hold 12 switches. Maybe not so bad at 8 switches ($5 per switch)
If you are up for doing the group buy I am fine with that! if there was one or 2 more folks there into it that may make more sense...
How much does it cost to ship a small parcel (8 switches) to the USA and pay the VAT?

nielsk said:
Ratrace, I see the difference, it is not the pin type but the stop? (the -03B12S instead of -03-1-AJ*)
The part you linked comes up as 71BF30-03B12S at Mouser, the part spec'd is 71BDF30-03-1-AJN.
When I click on the data sheet for the part in Mouser it goes to 71 series BCD switches... odd
As far as I can tell 71BF30-03B12S is stopped between position 1-12, which would be fine, but this aspect of the part number in confusing as it is not exactly referred to in the chart.
Can you confirm that this is the only difference?

bad link on the data sheet, trust the ref code.
I build 4 ez1290 with the 71BF30-03B12S.

Yes, that is well established
what is not clear is what the final suffix of 03B12S means in contrast to the specified part -03-1-AJN (substitute S for N to be Shorting (make before break)

@Nielsk, I don't know about the cost to ship to the US, I may find time to look at this but I'm a bit in a hurry at work this week.
I think we have to find some more people if we want to do that. Looking to the price, I don't know if I want that or maybe wait a few weeks and see if they became available again from AML or other seller, for a reasonable price

Cdp, that sounds reasonable, I am not in a big rush either.
Maybe contact AML and find out if & when they expect more stock?
I have a feeling that around $40 is the "new" price, it is close to that everywhere that shows the correct part listed (Just last year Digikey had them for $25!).
Paying that much it would be nice to be confident that it is the exact correct part

Hi there, just received a quote from mouser for the Grayhill 71BDF30-03PAJN  (I think this is an equivalent for the gain switch used in NV73, am I correct?) EDIT---> seems to be a 3 positions so not the same  :'(
They charge 33,39€ for each (Google says it's equal 40$) but they will have them back in stock on the 21th of september... don't know if i'll wait.

I'm going crazy for weeks trying to understand how to choose the right switch and then how to find them!!!

I think for now i wi'll go with to ez1073+2 add on Eq from AML, as they are available again now, and maybe wait a few month to buy the same from The don classic.

I heard great things about both of them. The only downsides from the aml are the little trim wich seems to be a pain with no knob, and the absence of line level.

By the way, does anyone know much about the trim's value?

Latest posts

Back