Neve VR 60 Mons problem.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigSkyAudio

I need some help navigating the signal flow in a VR console.
Left control room monitor output is very low level, but right is fine. When mono or stereo swap button is pressed I get signal to both mons, so I know the issue is before these switches.
Prior to these switches are the Internal/external monitor switches, and on the schematic this section is fed, via amps, from a box called "internal monitor selector" which all the mix and aux busses flow into.
As all this switching seems to be done via remotely via logic, I would like to know where this is happening so I can find the signal at an earlier point, and therefore find where the signal is stopping.
Are there any physical switches in this path, and/or is there a particular switching chip I should be looking for?
Any help of prior experience in this area would be gratefully appreciated.

From my memory,
All of that action is happening in the centre section cards. There will be a card cage that houses all those cards underneath the blank panel in the center section.
Most likely culprit is failed capacitors. It is a vr and all.

Is there a Studio Monitor section?
Check the outs on that, if it is good there you can be pretty sure the fault is in the source select switching card, and it may be the same card as the C/R Monitor source select...

Back