new g9 ht problems

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not bet on hearing a major diff from 208 to 245, maybe from 150 to 245 would be discearnable.
Maybe yes, but this is not a good reason not to fix your PSU...

Jazzy , you can easily use the 150VA trfo that i send you, for G9 with no problems. Just plug and play.

Cheers
fotis

right, but it's for the Slow Blow !! :cool:

if the 208vHT is not abnormal
and don't damage nothing...
it's ok for me, because i love the sound of my G9 !

Ok Jazzy no problem , but the trafo is OK for G9 and slowblow. It gives you 250V - 50V - 15V . Just 20V HV more than your 2 toroid back to back compo.
This trafo i use for both G9 and Slowblow.100% OK

Cheers
fotis

today i changed 30va stepup trafo with a 50va (same brand) and i had 244 ht! also, thanks to this fantastic forum, i solved problems with oscillation using shielded wire for instrument input (without cutting traces).
thank you all!

paolo

I got a nice Vishay/Dale 100K 2W resistors from Mouser and that fixed my problem. Now I am getting a very steady 238V (used 475 ohm instead of the 470 division resistor). Now I just need to make a BIG heatsink for the 12V regulator. So close to finishing that I can smell it!!!

[quote author="tk@halmi"]I got a nice Vishay/Dale 100K 2W resistors from Mouser and that fixed my problem. Now I am getting a very steady 238V (used 475 ohm instead of the 470 division resistor). Now I just need to make a BIG heatsink for the 12V regulator. So close to finishing that I can smell it!!![/quote]

Yeah, I am getting 238V as well. Strangely though, my TX's are only rated at 20A, go figure...

Anyway, it works so that will do me for now.

Back