New Jersey earthquake

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a 4.8 in the morning and another 4.0 in the early evening. It shook things up a bit and was a little unnerving to someone not used to quakes but all is well. I don't think there was much, if any damage. There's been a few smaller ones over the years but it was certainly the strongest I've ever felt here in NJ.

Thanks for the msg!

Even the earthquakes are leaving... :p

Hopefully everyone is ok... Must be terrifying...
my very first one was a 4.0 at the epicenter. It was an experience. now days I sleep through 95% of them. the 5% I don't sleep through usually happen when I am between alert and awake. hard to move when you are not sure if you are dreaming of a quake or experiencing one.

Last edited:
Response to these things depends where you live I suppose. How deep was it? Can't say I pay much attention to the fours unless they are quite shallow.

I heard on the radio it was 3 mi deep. In my kitchen, it seemed like a vibration greater than the usual trains I feel, "but this is a big train" and I realized the floor was moving a bit. Upstairs my wife saw a bureau mirror wiggle about 8" E-W. Can't be anything like being in Cali. . .
Mike

I felt it. My apartment is along a subway line so I’m used to a little shaking. This didn’t feel like that. I recognized it as an earthquake.

Back