New Job

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtyhanfri

Hi

I'm glad to say I've been quoted for a job as electronic technician. I have to say thanks to this forum and all it's members, of course I've worked and studied by myself, but without this forum, the bug would never bite me. I'll start the next week if we reach an economic agreement (Actually, the owner said "it will be no problem", sounds good)

It's a little company building studio furniture and restoring old consoles, racking channels, repairs and so, they also have a little studio, the owner makes some recording jobs. I will be the only technician, and he's planning to hire someone in a few months if everything goes right. Now, the owner is making the electronics job, but he has no time enough.

Now I have a Neve 51 (I think) and a pair of Studers waiting for me to rack channels in pairs. Damn, it will be a long wait....

After 5 years working as Freelance AV tech I'm happy to get a bit of stability, I was feeling stuck, and never felt really happy with my situation. A bit of routine never hurts.

Just wanted to share my happiness.

felicitaciones 8)

Glad you landed a great gig. I do the same thing for a company here in the U.S. enjoy the new found stability but never stop learning and always plan for emergency.

pucho812 said:
never stop learning and always plan for emergency.

Of course! Actually this jig will help me learning about audio electronics, also I will met new people and new doors will be opened. I'm still young (28) so I can't relax too much, but this is way better than my situation right now. And now, with some routine I can plan my own projects in another way.

I started looking schematics for that Neve 51 that is waiting for me... I never been so motivated for a new job.

Latest posts

Back