New OEP transformer-10468 clone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sasarist said:
Ok guys , Justin just answer me today.
Group-buy is not a problem at all.It seams that OEP have fantastic designers team , and we will maybe going to have opportunity to realize  some custom tr. orders.
Excellent news is price
100pcs            33.25 EUR
50pcs                35.5 EUR

I am in for 10 pcs.

Cheers

I would be willing to do an order of 50. I would just need to know that there are at least 50 pieces that would be sold. I am in for 5 myself. I would have to add shipping. The only thing I don't know about is international shipping. I would have to consult either Jeff or Mike here in the states who do quite a bit of shipping overseas to see what it would cost.

Thanks!

Paul

I´m could be interested in 5. have you tried the OEP LO1166 version? (N35A08F) would be interesting to hear those too. I´m not a big fan of carnhill LO1166. 

Sorry guys , OEP inform me that they (I really dont know reason) must put on hold their offer for group buy.

12afael said:
I´m not a big fan of carnhill LO1166.
If it's not too far OT - would you mind sharing why?

What a shame the groupbuy doesn't work out. I wonder if this would have to be more 'under the radar', maybe they don't want their prices published?

Michael

Michael Tibes said:
If it's not too far OT - would you mind sharing why?

What a shame the groupbuy doesn't work out. I wonder if this would have to be more 'under the radar', maybe they don't want their prices published?

Michael

Yes , I am disappointed to .I think that public sharing of prices is not a such a big deal because those mqo are way to high for DIYers alone, but Carnhill-OEP have they reasons , and we should respect that.

Cheers

Michael when I build my first Neve preamp many years ago in chile with not posibilites to reach good transformers I bought an oep for input and I had to build a Lo1166 from scratch, we had so bad iron in chile that I had to use a bigger lamination and after three attempts I get a good one, good luck maybe. it is still my favourite neve preamp for vocals. The low end is just huge and precise.
With the years I have used Carnhill and they don´t sound bad but doesn´t have that magic in the low end. They sound a bit more tight in the low end. 
I had the oportunity to compare carnhill v/s sowter and the sowter have that magic on the low end. I have never tried a marinair or an original Neve so I can´t say if that sound is there but I like that sound.

yep too bad that the group buy will not work. I want to put my hand on one since Bo show it to me

sasarist said:
Yes , I am disappointed to .I think that public sharing of prices is not a such a big deal because those mqo are way to high for DIYers alone, but Carnhill-OEP have they reasons , and we should respect that.

Cheers

If they change their mind, let me know. I would still be down for placing an initial order of 50.

Thanks!

Paul

Sasa.
Which version of the 10468 did you use for the sweep?
Also, i could send you another version of the Carnhill 10468 if you want to compare that one to, would be interesting to see.

API said:
Sasa.
Which version of the 10468 did you use for the sweep?
Also, i could send you another version of the Carnhill 10468 if you want to compare that one to, would be interesting to see.

10468 was St.Ives marked.And if you think on blue colored vtb9045 Carnhill I already have them, but they should be identical to ones in mu metal can....or maybe not?

Wasn't the Carnhill VTB9045 suposed to be a clone of the original 10468?
Didnt Carnhill released a statement some years ago stating that?

Now Carnhill buys OEP, and produces a new clone of the 10468 for the same price as the VTB9045,
I'm confused....

Whoops said:
Wasn't the Carnhill VTB9045 suposed to be a clone of the original 10468?
Didnt Carnhill released a statement some years ago stating that?

Now Carnhill buys OEP, and produces a new clone of the 10468 for the same price as the VTB9045,
I'm confused....

Me too. Years ago, Carnhill bought the company that made the original 10468 for Neve (St. Ives Windings). I think the production line is still there and still used to make the VTB9045 to the original design. Now they have bought OEP so unless the OEP version is cheaper or it is a branding thing I don't see the point.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Me too. Years ago, Carnhill bought the company that made the original 10468 for Neve (St. Ives Windings). I think the production line is still there and still used to make the VTB9045 to the original design. Now they have bought OEP so unless the OEP version is cheaper or it is a branding thing I don't see the point.

Cheers

Ian

Exactly,
We're missing something here for sure, because it just sounds like a joke

Latest posts

Back