nice looking gear...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

http://www.referencetube.com/proaudio.html

Reference Mic/Line Preamp $3,000
Reference Tube Direct Input $1,500
Reference Tube Opto Limiter $3,000
Reference Vintage Compressor $4,000
Reference Passive Tube EQ $3,000
Reference Tube Power Supply- $6,500
Classic Console Modules- $3,000
12-Channel Passive Bus Mixer- $2,500
Reference Splitter/Buffer- $1,500
Splitter w/ Pedalboard- $4,000

Nice looking enclosures - but how expensive?

Hmm, looks like Inward knock offs.. :?

www.boutiqueaudio.com/INWARD%20CONNECTIONS.htm

Which looks a bit classier to me. I'm not keen on that brushed alu stuff. Not the best website either. Too many buzz words for me..

Who makes them? 25K$ for a linestage smells a wee bit of audiophoolia :green:

Impressive user list :shock:

Edit: HA! I luv that tubed DJ-mixer :grin: Gotta DIY one some day :cool:

If people are actually buying this stuff, at those prices, then it's time for me to consider a different line of work. I could build a couple of passive mixers each month and just fuck off the rest of the time :green:

A friend of mine has a rack of the inwards. He likes them, but he has a lot of other stuff as well, and the inwards aren't usually the first thing he reaches for.

Those do look like a rip-off. Foir a moment, I thought that they might be the same thing, until I looked closer!

Keith

Kondo san of Audio Note Japan makes 100.000 dollar amps and he can't meet demand!

I think the most expensive one is close to 2,5 mill danish kroner, wich is roughly 400K$, dunno if it's with tax. But it is a stereo pair (70W triode power amps) :shock:

www.audionote.co.jp

Yup, we're in the wrong line of work. Religion & audiophoolia is were the big money is.

Keith, I've only heard/read good things about Inward. The designer (Steve Furlotte :? ) is supposely a very bright guy. Have you tried it? Just curious..

I really dig the size of the module(s). Just perfect I think.

[quote author="sismofyt"]Kondo san of Audio Note Japan makes 100.000 dollar amps and he can't meet demand!

I think the most expensive one is close to 2,5 mill danish kroner, wich is roughly 400K$, dunno if it's with tax. But it is a stereo pair (70W triode power amps) :shock:

www.audionote.co.jp

Yup, we're in the wrong line of work. Religion & audiophoolia is were the big money is.[/quote]
Probably cheaper to build yourself a top notch room
And buy a copy of the original mastering tape and the 2 track it was recorded on

If people are actually buying this stuff, at those prices, then it's time for me to consider a different line of work. I could build a couple of passive mixers each month and just fuck off the rest of the time

Funny enough, I am going to contact these guys about that 12ch passive mixer. For my minimalist location work, this thing is very close to exactly what I need.

What's really strange is that it is advertised as a "12ch PASSIVE bus mixer" but then later on you read that it includes tube make-up gain amps. So, is it passive or not?

After pondering that for a while, I decided that they mean that the mixer utilizes passive summing and then provides make-up gain via the tube amps.

And just FYI, I've spent the last several months thinking about having a very basic "passive" mixer with make-up gain amps built for me or going the DIY route. For a very simple 8x2 layout, I keep coming up at over $2,500 in parts alone! So if you sat around building these things and sold them for $2,500 like Messenger, you would quickly go broke!

Steve, $2500 in parts? Are you building the thing out of pure gold or what? :wink:

A lot of people seem to be thinking along the same track of passive-summing-with-tube-makeup. I've been working on just such a design myself. It's an old idea that's becoming popular again, it seems.

its not costing me $2500 for my 16 channel all tube console (nearly finnished btw).

you've got to shop around and work your designs on what you get cheaply, i reccon you could do a simple passive mixer for a few hundred.

3k for a tube micpre? no thanks. for that I do a complete channel drinking lots of beers during the process.

:thumb:
:guinness:

[quote author="toby"]its not costing me $2500 for my 16 channel all tube console (nearly finnished btw).

you've got to shop around and work your designs on what you get cheaply, i reccon you could do a simple passive mixer for a few hundred.[/quote]

Ooooh I wanna see :shock: :green:

Back