• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

NOT FS: Some UTC A-19's

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well eBay decided in my favor. The deciding factor was the guy never sent me everything I bought - he still hadn't sent me the final transformer, because he wanted me to send him his stupid silver coins before he would send me the transformer. So eBay said, had he sent the transformer, it would be a different story.

They said since he didn't send everything I had purchased, if part of what was described is not as-described, I am entitled/eligible for full refund. Even though seller said "no returns" in the listing.

I asked them how that works. They said I will get a pre-paid mailing label from eBay and have 10 days to send back the transformers to the guy. If I don't send them, the case is closed and I get no refund (obviously).

Upon receipt of the items the guy will have 3 days to pay the money back, or eBay will give me my money back.

I asked, what happens if he refuses the shipment? eBay said, it doesn't matter - if he sends them back to you, you get to keep them essentially.

So anyway, while I'm relieved this mini-nightmare is over - or will be soon  once I get the items shipped back to guy, I am not happy that the manner of shipping bore no influence on the decision. It's appalling that someone can ship out expensive items so carelessly, even causing damage to the items, and that wouldn't be the main or quick reason for a refund.

Also there is a guy on the bay right now selling some A19s for pretty cheap - I ended up getting a great pair for a lot less than what I paid recently with this guy.

Oh and get this - the guy was so desperate for his silver coins - he himself opened a case with eBay to get involved with this dispute, and his only statement was, "This guy is trying to extort money from me for my silver coins!"

What a silly man.

Mike

Latest posts

Back