NYC Area DIY Group

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gold said:
Is that Friday the 10th or Saturday the 11th? That's good for me.

Sounds like like this is going to be a "buss compressor" session. We apparently meet at your place, do the meet and greet, set up the equipment then head to the bar where we can get sufficiently fu*ked up while solidifying the brotherhood. From there we go back to the studio and begin. We don't necessarily need the entire forum to participate, do we? And I'll bring my laptop.

Hey All,

Sorry I haven't checked in for a bit. Apparently the original space idea has fallen through and a new space is in the works (also in Greenpoint, which is also where I happen to live!). This is definitely still happening, though it is not at internet speeds. I will definitely keep everyone posted, and am curious to hear about the meeting at gold's place, especially since I can walk there. April 11th happens to be my birthday, so that day probably won't work for me.

Keep the faith

Tim

analag said:
Sounds like like this is going to be a "buss compressor" session. We apparently meet at your place, do the meet and greet, set up the equipment then head to the bar where we can get sufficiently fu*ked up while solidifying the brotherhood. From there we go back to the studio and begin. We don't necessarily need the entire forum to participate, do we? And I'll bring my laptop.

If we follow this method everything will sound great. We could also do the listening before drinking or perhaps one or two at my place before serious drinking begins. I have a working DAOC and a working Pico.

Don't get me excited because I'll bring another version of the optical. I think I will.

seavote said:
great i'd lke to hear the daoc as i'll be finishing mine in 2-3weeks. is yours full wave, ala kubi? or stock?

Right now it's full wave with VTL2C's which are the fastest dual optos they make. I know I like the faster optos but I'm not sure about the full wave over the half wave. I haven't had a chance to listen carefully enough to it both ways. I changed the VTL5C for the 2's at the same time as I did half to full wave rectified. Something sounds a little off to me. I will only be using it on stereo program so it will be tuned for that. Overall it sounds super fantastic. I have Jensen In/Out xformers. I also changed out the sidechain cap value. What I have in there is too big. I want to get that right before I check out the half to full wave again.

That's fine with me. A ton of people won't fit in the studio. I would say about 10 would be capacity. I guess a sign up list here would help. What time do you want to meet?

I'm leaning toward Saturday. Friday might be a little tight for me. Is this something we are squeezing in after work or is this a dedicated day type thing.

analag said:
I'm leaning toward Saturday. Friday might be a little tight for me. Is this something we are squeezing in after work or is this a dedicated day type thing.

Either is fine with me. Fight amongst yourselves. If it's friday it would have to be an evening thing. I'm a 12:00ish to 8:00ish workin' stiff.

3:guavatone

either day for me, but it looks like it may have to be Saturday for Analag so we can get an early start and still have time to hit a bar after.

4: Mushy

Either day is good. Paul, I look forward to seeing you again.  You mastered something for me when you were on 42nd street and I was a big PITA.  Maybe you'll remember me...

Okay, lets say it's going to be Saturday since everyone seems to like that better. How about  musicians morning. Say 3:00PM. Does that give everyone enough time to be somewhat on time?

mushy said:
You mastered something for me when you were on 42nd street and I was a big PITA.  Maybe you'll remember me...

Wow that was a long time ago. As long as you weren't mean it wouldn't have registered as a PITA.

Back