NYC Area DIY Group

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im fine with 4 members getting together. if others are not,OK. my view is, it will be good to get a meeting together,have a few drinks, bs about the forum,projects etc.
then try another time. maybe more members will be interested and available for a second meeting (we'll make sure analag can make it.) if your into getting together 5/2  3:00PM confirm here. if gold cant host i'd still meet in a bar if you guys want.
                                                              seavote

I see your bump and raise you a boomp.

I guess no one ever met? It would be cool to try again.  I could use some inspiration/idea exchange, since other things have pulled me away from DIY a bit.

im into it. but have to admit i dont have much to offer.  i have no studio to host.(a converted garage has been put off for the last 3 years, still just a pc and some diy outboard in my bedroom) :-[.
and im a paint by number DIYer. i was just hoping to attend and come away with as much knowledge as i could leech out of you guys. that being said if no one can host and some members want to get together  a bar in a central location sounds good to me. chicago DIY is making us look bad. i guess we'll always have better pizza though

Last time Saturdays were best for everyone. How about either October 24th or 31st?

Allrighty then. Either one is fine with me. Fight amongst yourselves. The beer store across the street has growlers.

24th.  31,haloween.  like to be around for my kids.
maybe i'll be finished trouble shooting my D-AOC. i'd like to hear yours with the jensens and matched optocouplers.

my D-aoc is up and running. full wave kubi mod. Edcor transformers. and pots , no stepped attenuators like
golds'. if you want me to bring it by let me know. i'd like to hear them a/b. your tweaks are certainly mods i could do in the future.

Sure, bring whatever you want ;) I thought it was going to be show and tell. I think only Analag can seriously talk about design. I'm mostly a paint by numbers guy. I'll provide some refreshments.

Hey, no biggie that people are busy.  That's why this forum is quite the convenience. 
Analag, you gotta make it to AES one of the days!  Check the thread for passes.  I am convinced that if you had seen SSL's "Studio Shed" in 2007 you would have already revolutionized the self-heating studio shed industry.  And you can get your hearing tested- HUH?!?
Don't forget the AT&T Core System in 1991.  WOW!  They had a nomad Tuvan throat singer guy to sell it- 1000 nomad CD's sold, 2 core systems sold.  The nomad made more on that deal!

And I think you would have had a good time with the brew-crew!  I missed Saturday, but we had a great time at the Biergarten in Queens.

Solder_City- no regrets, no excuses, just tech-talk. 
Mike     

Back