Oi, Londoners!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pat probably retired to palm springs on our money, he's alright...

nzkora.jpg

Kev said:
there woz a time I used to worry about you and Keef

Be afraid... -be VERY afraid!!!  ;D

Kev said:
where is Mr Burnley
I need some help here !!!

Ah, that's probably my fault...

I got him a gig working with an old friend of mine, -now they're off winning awards and trotting the globe, with Mark taking care of family matters at home...

Don't worry though... -I'll give him a bit of a slapping for you!  ;)

Keef

The dates are fixed, the tickets have been purchased, and Mr. SSLtech will be disporting himself in the capital city from the twenty-first to the twenty-third of November.

So let us now see which of those dates might be most suitable for "cruising for a boozing"... in the vernacular.

Keef

peter purpose said:
Keef... you need somewhere to put your head down?
The missus is currently looking for a Marriott somewhere in town, I think. -She has some sort of deal with the Marriott chain... (Knowing her it's probably something along the lines of "Look, you give us a room cheap, and I won't breathe fire all over your reputation with the chain manager... -there's a sweetheart" ;) )

The basic plan is to show our young'un the sights. -He had such a good time in Paris -and surprisingly remembers so much of it- that we thought it was time to introduce him to the 'heart of empire'. Show 'im a bit of Christopher Wren, sorta fing.

So if you know of a decent Marriott-type hotel anywhere handy for a tube station, I can tell her to compute it into her threateni.... -I mean- 'negotiations'.

Keef

Hi Keith,

I know of one at Swiss Cottage, only 5 mins from the tube. Nice part of town ,and easy access to West End, and locally for Hampstead, Camden, etc. We stayed there a month(insurance paid!) the last time we got flooded out.

Jubilee Line and Metropolitan, and fantastic bus service to Camden or Notting Hill, Kensington, and on to Chelsea.

Kindest regards,

ANdyP

Rob Flinn said:
& how do you know where they are Roddy ?

Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies.  :-*

Keef, if you search for "London" on the Marriot website then it draws you a pretty map of each location. There are ten that are fairly central.

I'd consider where you are going to be spending most of your time, and if you want to be in a quiet area at night time.

All of the first ten should be decent.

I'd maybe not bother with number 9 at Maida Vale. I'd regard that more as being in Kilburn judging by the map. Probably fine, but not especially nice nor handy compared to the rest.

Number 8 at Regents Park is actually at Chalk Farm as Andy suggested. Probably ok. It's near the park obviously, and Primrose Hill is nice. I'm not massive on Camden which is nearby though; full of faux-punks and drug dealers, not that you'd necessarily go there.

Number 10 is in Kensington as the name suggests. Probably decent. Unlikely to be too noisy. Museums in close proximity. So-so for getting the tube. Not far from Kensington Gardens / Hyde Park.

1,2,3,4 and 5 are handy for the tube. It might not be too busy there, but I rarely get off at Marble Arch. Your close to the center of town here. It'd get busier at rush hour. Next to Hyde Park.

Number 7 is on the river which is ace when the sun shines. Near the parliament. Quieter at night, but busy during the day with workers and tourists (tourists are everywhere though). So-so for the tube in my opinion, but it does depend on where you plan to go.

Number 6 looks pretty sweet - nice area with good accessibility, but I bet it's expensive. Being near the central line is always a handy thing.

Latest posts

Back