Optical compression in the EU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gyraf said:
..it's a long and complicated discussion that we had already - the core of the question is not the absolute amount of cadmium, but the way it is measured - maximum 0.1% in "mechanically separable" parts.

This means in effect "what you can scrape of with a sharp knife".

And as the Cd has to be in the surface because that's where the light is coming to, then it will always be possible to get access to (very small amounts of) material exceeding the cadmium limit.

I see what you're getting at. I don't think SGS were that diligent with their scalpels when they did the Xvive test reports.

gyraf said:
you don't need to - simple analysis like X-ray spectroscopy will easily give you the numbers directly

I think you misunderstand the rules here - Cadmium in any form, in any composite, carrying more than 0.1% Cd is within the scope of the ROHS

/Jakob E.

Clearly the science behind RoHS is not based on practical uses of materials but rather some absolute measurement that does not apply to real life.  Sad and difficult to correct.

off topic in regards to the E.U.
I've got projects I may never get to but,  anyone know a good sub for the  vtl 5c1 when used for switching circuits ?

Back