Orange Rockerverb Mk1

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

totoxraymond

Hi everyone,

My dear friend brought me this beauty, he bought it about a year ago, but we don't get any sound anymore.
I found a schematic attached to this post.

First, i spotted that the HT fuses for the output tubes we 500mA instead of specified 250mA... Looks like a "put a bigger fuse and it will stop blowing away" kind of thing, doesn't look right to me...

Then i started measuring voltage for the power PCB, everything looked normal. So i then looked at the preamp and there i found i got no C, D, E or F voltage.
This obviously pointed me toward R1 which effectively measures open.

My plan is to change this resistor obviously, but i'm wondering what could cause this resistor to burn? maybe there's a bad tube in the preamp somewhere.
I'm not very experienced with tube amps so i thought i might ask you guys what do you think about this?

Unfortunately i don't have a tube tester so i might buy a few preamp tubes just in case i have to change one.

Another thing that puzzled me is that D1 (flywheel diode for RL2) has been paralleled with a 330R resistor and it looks a lot like a "repair job". Why would someone do that? D2 has been left untouched.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thomas

Attachments

• Orange_rockreverb_50w.pdf
    782.8 KB

Latest posts

Back